Deprotection

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
BugMeNot

Deprotection

Unread post by BugMeNot »

Sorry for commenting about this on your blog, it wasn't until after posting that I saw your comment about not commenting about deprotecting. *gasps for air*
I have deprotected a map - not to rig it or add cheats, but to make improvements to it that have been discussed for a long time. The map editors refuse to change the map, however, and that's why I have resulted in deprotecting the map myself. I have the knowledge and experience it would take to make these additions, but as you know I can't save the map because it's in JASS and there are hundreds of errors that occur upon saving. Is there a way I can extract the triggers from the protected map, or is there any other way to deprotect the map into a save-able format?

Thanks
I know, I know, you said this in your tutorial:
You can not access the GUI triggers in a protected map unless you manage to restore the war3map.wtg file, which is nearly impossible.
Can you help me do the nearly impossible, though? If you want to keep the answer out of public, a PM or email works for me.
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/3ice.hu

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Deprotection

Unread post by 3ICE »

Nope, it truly is impossible, even for me. The "nearly impossible" means: I can look at the JASS script and recreate every trigger from it 1 by 1 manually, based on my observations. However, this takes months of work.

You will have to edit the script manually through the t_tri war3map.j file. Requirements: mpq editing, learning the JASS scripting language.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage