terrain kill in GUI

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: terrain kill in GUI

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yeah, I was being spammed and got bored of having to continue setting up more and more traps for the spambots. It was easier to just disable registration and delete every user I didn't know.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

EqualiseR
Realm: US East
Account: EqualiseR

Unread post by EqualiseR »

Hey 3ICE, I haven't talked to you in awhile but mostly because I just started playing again recently. Anyways yeah I was talking with Shinning and he asked me to make this trigger for him. So if anyone else needs this trigger, here it is.
TerrainKill Red TerrainKill Red
t_eve Events t_tim Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time t_co Conditions t_if (Terrain type at (Position of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>)) Equal to Northrend - Snow t_act Actions t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) t_if If - Conditions t_if (Terrain type at ((Position of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>) offset by 20.00 towards 90.00 degrees)) Equal to Northrend - Snow t_if (Terrain type at ((Position of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>) offset by 20.00 towards 180.00 degrees)) Equal to Northrend - Snow t_if (Terrain type at ((Position of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>) offset by 20.00 towards 270.00 degrees)) Equal to Northrend - Snow t_if (Terrain type at ((Position of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>) offset by 20.00 towards 360.00 degrees)) Equal to Northrend - Snow t_act Then - Actions t_uni Unit - Kill Demon Hunter 0000 <gen> t_act Else - Actions
You must apply this trigger to every player's hero, using a seperate trigger for each.

'Northrend Snow' can be edited to be whatever terrain you wish to use as your death terrain. If you wish to use multiple death terrains, then just create additional triggers using your desired death terrain of choice.

'20.00' can be edited to be as strict as you want it to be. I find 15-20 to be reasonable.

~EqualiseR
Last edited by 3ICE on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed trigger tag formatting, added trigger name, added icons to every line, removed Do nothing because it is useless, compressed post by removing [CR][LF]s

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That's in GUI :( Oh well, nice work. Edit: Aside from the fact that it leaks so many points per second, Warcraft's entire allocated RAM is going to be completely saturated and unusable in a few minutes. 9 leaks per execution, 90 leaks per one second's worth of execution, and with 11 players that is: 990 leaks/second, 59 400 leaks/minute, and 3 564 000 leaks/hour. But everyone will crash way before they get to 3 564 000 leaks. If one leaked point wastes 32 bytes of RAM, then over 1 196.4 MB ram is leaked cumulatively, per hour. That is one gigabyte! Not that much, but don't forget; Warcraft crashes around 300MB memory usage, which is one third of that. But the lag will be unbearable way before the crash happens.

It is almost exactly how I imagined it. (I'd have used randomly rotating angles, not static 90-180-270-360 degrees.)

EDIT: I edited your post: fixed trigger tag formatting, added trigger name, added icons to every line, removed Do nothing because it is useless, compressed post by removing [CR][LF]s
EDIT2: Check out http://www.3ice.hu/blog/do-nothing-is-evil/
Last edited by 3ICE on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added leaks disclaimer
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

thats so evil i almost shit my pants
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Well, it's like ending all your sentences with two dots.. A waste of time.. And annoying..
And it slows down your triggers.. And increases the size of your map.. It is something that does not need to be there..
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

3ICE wrote:.. .. .. .. .. ..
every period = one second in a sentance, there for you just wasted 12 seconds of my life. <3 thank you for that i know understand even tho i wasnt really disagreeing

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

My mind skips over periods.

But here is 1 hour of your life you are never getting back:
.......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... .......... 3600 periods exactly. Make sure you read them all, one by one!
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

3ICE wrote:My mind skips over periods.
mine cant or i dont remember my english witch is bad enough as it is, grammer is one of the few things i care about in the human language and im awful at that as well
3ICE wrote:3600 periods exactly. Make sure you read them all, one by one!
i almost did and then i relised, NO!. NOOOOO!.. NOOOO!. NO!.

P.S.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCBQY7CEek

P.S.S.: yes i do say "noo noooo no mr.Superman no here" to my friends for a super no.