Flying Unit Question

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
EqualiseR
Realm: US East
Account: EqualiseR
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Flying Unit Question

Unread post by EqualiseR »

Well, could you try downloading the map and seeing for yourself or seeing how to fix it? Cause it could have been a problem with my NewGen. For example, when I pressed "Test Map" it would just open a MS-DOS file (.bat) with random wording yet it doesn't open Warcraft 3. Also, when I try opening "NewGen Warcraft.exe", it gives me an error saying "Could not hack game.dll". And when I open the file startwar3.bat it just opens a MS-DOS (.bat) file yet it does not open Warcraft III.

Here is the link:

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/100067

Thanks

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Not the map's fault. Your JNGP does not work. Got to fix that first. Google the error messages or symptoms and follow the solutions posted on wc3c.

EDIT: The map does have a syntax error at line 3048:

Code: Select all

Identifier redeclared: local integer t
But that can easily be renamed via search and replace.

EDIT: It actually needs to be deleted. Lines 836 and 862 of the Loop trigger are the same.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

EqualiseR

Yeah I had already deleted that awhile ago when I kept getting that same syntax error.

Also, when I import the RtCCommon.j file to replace Common.j as it tells me to, it just makes it so I get a bunch more errors.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

You are continuing to refuse to post the error messages. This frustrates me because without knowing what the problem is, I can not offer any helpful advice and I am forced to repeat myself:

You should either post the error messages for me, or solve the problem yourself.
ImageImage

EqualiseR

After importing "RtCCommon.j" as "Scripts\common.j" I now get 100 compile errors. I don't really know how to begin to list them unless you want me to post each individual one.

Here's the screenshot of what I was able to supply you with.
Attachments
Syntaxerrors.png
Syntaxerrors.png (172.4 KiB) Viewed 9999 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

What I gather from the screenshot:

An updated dependency is missing. Get common.j from patch 1.24+ and overwrite the old one JNGP has. (The hashtable type was added in 1.24, you are using an old common.j which is no longer supported.)

EDIT: I don't use RtC. It relies on the return bug, which was fixed by blizzard in 1.24. Some of your errors stem from that:

Code: Select all

Cannot convert returned value from null to integer
ImageImage

EqualiseR

So basically it is not necessary to import RtCCommon.j? If so then I will just ignore RtCCommon.j and leave Scripts/common.j alone.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yeah. RtC can even be disabled. (I looked at all the cool features it offers, but decided it was not worth making my maps unplayable on Battle.net for them.)

I have a feeling you are following a bad tutorial. Could you link it so I can take a look?
ImageImage

EqualiseR

Well I just finished reading a DIFFERENT tutorial which also suggested I disable RTC, also, this tutorial was way more graphic.

Here is the link to the assumably good tutorial:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/
---

EDIT: I just came accross a new erorr- When I open a map in JNGP I am able to create triggers and what not, but I am now unable to change my terrain view, i.e. look all around the map by dragging my mouse. Additionally, when I go to save my map, I get the error below.

I'm guessing this error was caused by the JASSHelper files that the tutorial I read (The one I posted the link to) told me to download and replace the other JASSHelper files.
Last edited by 3ICE on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: removed 4mb attachment, fixed link, reinserted the now imageshacked attachment, removed empty LIST tag, locked post

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Just google the numbers in the error message: http://www.google.com/search?q=10005084+0000015b

EDIT: I removed the attachment, it was 4MB big. Use imageshack for big pictures, or save them in jpg.

PNG is great for keeping text readable, but when you include textures (screenshots of photographs, terrain, units, stupid vista/win7 window borders, etc) PNG file sizes get really big.

EDIT2: If you get stuck, just redownload JNGP and start over.

EDIT3: Here is your screenshot as jpg, only half megs: pic (I saved it at high, 95% quality.)
ImageImage