Flying Unit Question

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Flying Unit Question

Unread post by 3ICE »

I'm glad you see now the difference between fly and foot movement types.

By using my sliding system's realistic mode, your ground units can ignore cliffs. This is because instead of working with locations (Move unit instantly) I work with coordinates (SetUnitX() and SetUnitY()). EDIT3: Locations check pathing, coordinates don't. With my system it is even possible to slide off the map! (Which results in a crash, so make sure you have boundary kill regions in place!)

EDIT: My sliding system is perfect for making airplanes fly / warthogs drive. You can even remove the terrain type check to make stuff fly/drive forward everywhere.

EDIT2: Proper usage of the locust hack involves hiding and unhiding the unit in question. I have never use the locust hack, I just know about it. Follow a locust hack tutorial. (Look it up on google.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

EqualiseR
Realm: US East
Account: EqualiseR

Unread post by EqualiseR »

Alright Thank you, something I noticed about your realistic sliding map yesterday was that while sliding, the unit randomly starts spinning in circles. How would I change this?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That is an intended feature. It is there so that you can go AFK on ice and stay (relatively) safe.
Older sliding systems you couldn't go AFK because you'd slide forward to your death...

To disable it, keep sending the unit forward by 100 pixels towards its facing point every second. (With the move unit to (polar offset) function.)
ImageImage

EqualiseR

I see. Alright, I'll mess around with it and see what the result is.

Thanks.

EqualiseR

Well, I just realized that your realistic skating might not work in my map for this reason: I move the vehicles in a realistic way (not skating). For example, the vehicle will by default be sitting still not driving. When player X presses the up arrow, the vehicle's speed will gradually speed up. This is the same with reversing. I also have a system where when the player is not holding the 'up' arrow or 'down' arrow, the speed of the vehicle automatically adjusts slowly as it would in real life.

How would I implement your "SetUnit(X) and SetUnit(Y)" trigger functions so I could be able to drive off cliffs?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I hope you know that udg_Speed can be changed...
Q: Can I change the sliding speed during the game?
A: Yes, simply use "Set Speed = 4.00".
ImageImage

EqualiseR

Yes I know that, so in this case I would just set it as '0' and then let my customized triggers do the moving and your realistic skating do the rest, correct?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

No, your triggers should be deleted and my system can take over completely. You just need to keep updating the Speed variable every time UP/DOWN are pressed or held down.
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

in this url you have sexy screen shots. i dont mean to take random 1s i resize it and made it smaller almost 3 times befor posting it (each time previewing the image) i dont fully understand how im expected to resize an image that each time is only 2 inches in paint becomes half my screen (witch is huge).. please help me figure this out and dont send threats to "derail me" if i dont know what to do.

p.s.: this picture has scroll bars witch i believe you yelled at me and many other people for
3ICE wrote: EDIT3: Here is your screenshot as jpg, only half megs: pic (I saved it at high, 95% quality.)
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

k
ImageImage