Need help on first TD

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
Torin
Realm: US East
Account: Torin544

Need help on first TD

Unread post by Torin »

its going great execpt for three things idk how to do (sry if they seem noobish) first; When a wave of creeps spawn to and begin to run the maze they run jumbled together in a pack and they stop moving every now and then because they cant cut turns all together... how can i make them run single-file like in most TDs? Second: would i use an integer varible for a leader board showing player name/ # of kills and how could i do that. and Third: How do i set the teams lives and how do i make it to where if a creep leaks through that a life is lost? thankx ^^ sry if it seems alot (eenans prolley laughin rite now)

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Need help on first TD

Unread post by 3ICE »

Torin wrote:how can i make them run single-file like in most TDs?
Spawn one at a time and wait 0.2 or 0.5 sec between two spawns.t_tri Periodic spawn trigger by 3ICE
.... t_eve Events
........ t_pla Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
.... t_co Conditions
.... t_act Actions
........ t_uni Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at SpawnPoint facing 0.00 degrees
........ t_wai Wait 0.20 seconds
........ t_uni Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at SpawnPoint facing 0.00 degrees

Torin wrote:would i use an integer varible for a leader board showing player name/ # of kills and how could i do that.
Yes, the best practice is using an integer array, lets call it "Kills"t_tri Count Kills trigger by 3ICE
.... t_eve Events
........ t_uni Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Dies
.... t_co Conditions
.... t_act Actions
........ t_set Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
........ t_lea Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Killing unit)) in (Last created leaderboard) to Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]

I guess you already know how to create the leaderboard and add the players to it.
Torin wrote:How do i set the teams lives and how do i make it to where if a creep leaks through that a life is lost?
t_tri TD leak trigger by 3ICE
.... t_eve Events
........ t_uni Unit - A unit enters LeakRegion <gen>
.... t_co Conditions
........ t_if (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
.... t_act Actions
........ t_set Set Lives = (Lives - 1)
........ t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
............ t_co If - Conditions
................ t_if Lives Equal to 0
............ t_act Then - Actions
................ t_pgr Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Game - Defeat (Picked player) with the message: gg)
............ t_act Else - Actions

--3ICE
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Torin

Unread post by Torin »

Awsome thanx 3ICE ^_^

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

No problem.

Leaving this thread open, should you have more questions, post here.

--3ICE
ImageImage

Torin

Unread post by Torin »

I do have a few problems though :( I cant get my leader board to show up (which i think i can fix on my own)and when i try to set the life loss triggers it wants a value i dont know what to put at.. for example if i wanted the trigger to start with 25 lives (which it does and then i go through the event and conditions but at the actions.....
t_eve
....... t_uni Unit - a unit enters Leakregion <gen>
t_co
........ t_if (Owner of (Killling unit)) Equal to Player 10 (light blue)
t_act
........ Set Lives[value] = Index- 1 how can i make it to where there is no Index there and its just- 1? thankx in advance btw: the color coded Set Lives[index] = value- 1 is in a window because since i cannot specify a value for [index] i cant press ok If you didnt understand my question here is a screen shot of my problem Image

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I don't know English good enough to be able to explain that. Basically just click OK and it'll work. If you still can't get it to work, I'll capture a video of me doing it...

EDIT:t_lea Leaderboard - Show
ImageImage

Torin

Unread post by Torin »

i cant click okay unless i specify a value for the red.... should it be zero? because it wont let me just make it -1....i think you'll have to make a vid or sumthing... im running a map test now ill repost if it works if i dont repost i still need help

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Here you go:
If this GIF looks weird, let me know (Plays fine on my computer in every browser except I.View32)

--3ICE

EDIT: I accidentally named the variable "Lives". It should have been "Kills". Not a big problem though, this video is for explaining how to work with Arithmetic Functions, not about creating a trigger.

--3ICE
Last edited by 3ICE on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated image (static URL)
ImageImage

Torin

Unread post by Torin »

oH! i was in arithmetic not player number. can u not delete this thread becasuse i wont be near the computer with my war3 map for a while thanks^^

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Sure. I never delete anything :) to preserve knowledge.
Other users with the same problem as yours can find this thread via search and they'll be good to go.
We are on Google.
ImageImage