Dumbest bug I've ever seen

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
BugMeNot

Dumbest bug I've ever seen

Unread post by BugMeNot »

Ok so in this map I have made, its using many attack/armor types for the gameplay. My problem is we noticed when we converted the map from tft to roc, and released for the first time, the attack/armor types changed on some units. All the air units changed from light armor>heavy and maybe about 4-5 other units have same problem. What im thinking is, between wc3 versions, the attack types were edited and this is creating this faulty stats for our units. Any way to change this from happening or a quick solution on how to avoid this? thanks for any ideas
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/3ice.hu

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Dumbest bug I've ever seen

Unread post by 3ICE »

Not a bug.* But seriously annoying. Met it myself while developing Maze Designer. (Lumber cost of some TFT units is 0 while they cost 20 lumber in RoC. I couldn't simply change the units to cost 0 lumber.)

In DotA, every stat of every unit is lowered by 0.00001 to prevent patches from changing the balance. This trick, sadly, can not be done with armor types, and there is no "force the data editor to think this field has been changed" hack out yet.

My workaround was remaking the map from scratch, first editing RoC unit stats and then adding the TFT features. If I ever wanted to edit a "broken" unit again, I had to recreate the map from scratch. It was a nightmare.

*Because TFT→RoC converting is not a supported feature of the editor. If you use TFT stuff in your maps, you are supposed to save it as w3x and play it on TFT. At least that's the way Blizzard wants it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage