Killing unit's in area after level is complete

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
imsohordee
Realm: US East
Account: imsohordee
Clan: BHoR

Killing unit's in area after level is complete

Unread post by imsohordee »

So in this new maze im making i want all the units to die in level one after they've reached level 2. Would i have to make 1 trigger to remove all of browns men in the level 1 area or is there a different way?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Killing unit's in area after level is complete

Unread post by 3ICE »

That is a good solution. Remove all brown units from Region_1 upon a hero entering Checkpoint_1. You don't need a separate trigger, put it in your checkpoint trigger.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

imsohordee

Alright thank you, so all of the triggers for brown's men will turn off automatically?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Depends of what kind of triggers they are.
If you remove a patrolling unit, it will be removed along with its patrol information.
If you remove a brown unit, its kill-touching-hero trigger will not work anymore, but the event will still be there just never fire since the unit it references is nowhere (still a memory leak, and i dont know if it is fixable)
If you remove a brown unit that spins in a circle (check out my wisp spinning system), the game will keep trying to spin it, even though it was removed. You have to disable those triggers separately.

--3ICE
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

imsohordee

Alright thank you, im mainly removing patrols for now, so i should be good there and ill keep the wisp trigger in mind because that is a fun thing to have in any maze.