Need some help with my TD map (specific waves)

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
Lampje
Realm: Europe
Account: Lampje
Clan: LOL

Need some help with my TD map (specific waves)

Unread post by Lampje »

Hello, i am Lampje.

i started to make my selve a TD map in wc3-ft.
single play is relativly eazy and iv got that done in just a few hours.
the real chalange was muliplayer.
atm i have a 4 play map workign with normal waves and towers with tower upgrades etc
all costum.

now the part i dont know ho to do.
i have a imune wave ( fast runners and imune to my freeze towers) ( when i aplay abilety ''spell inmune'' on that unit)
if my slow/frees tower has magic dmg the tower wont even shoot ( i like that part)
that is all working fine ..
now the part i dont know how to do.
and the part that is not working yet ..
i whant to make a tower (unit) that only will shoot at 1 specific wave (units) High hp units .. ( this tower will have some extra dmg)

but when i change the Combat - Targeted as Hero or friend or tree ( or anny kind that is not Ground or air)
and when i change that special tower to the same combat - atack 1 - Targets aloud Hero or friend or tree ( or anny kind that is not Ground or air)
that tower does nothing .. and my remaning towers that have combat - atack 1 - Targets aloud ground, hero, friend, tree, ect....
those towers wont even atack it eiter.....

i sure hope you know what i am talking about and you ppl can help me
please respond

when i use a inmune wave my slow towers wotn target thmen this is awsome due to (spell immune) ability

no when i do a High HP wave i whant to make a tower they only targets theese units .. and the rest of the waves not ..
how am i able to do this ??

greets
Last edited by 3ICE on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: merging doublepost, wow nice English (i, selve, relativly, eazy, iv, chalange, muliplayer, workign, costum, dont, ho, imune, aplay, abilety, inmune, wont, whant, anny, atack, aloud, remaning, eiter, wotn, thmen, awsome, theese)

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Need some help with my TD map (specific waves)

Unread post by 3ICE »

Please post a screenshot, or attach your map, as we are not speaking the same dialect of English and I find it hard to understand you.

The solution you described should work -- at least in theory -- so it might be just a simple oversight.

As a cheap workaround; If you use uniform waves you could pause every tower you do not want to be shooting for the duration of that wave.

EDIT: No such clan exists on europe, please fix or remove that profile field. EDIT2: Even your Account name is invalid...
You do not have to fill in optional profile fields with falsified data, you can simply leave them empty.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage