Converting a map

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
DarkJustice12
Realm: US East
Account: DarkJustice
Clan: ATR

Converting a map

Unread post by DarkJustice12 »

wich is better for converting MPQ Editor or MPG Master?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Converting a map

Unread post by 3ICE »

To me, they are all the same. I use a Total Commander plugin because it fits well with my workflow, but I might as well just do it with WinMPQ. It makes no difference to me. If it does to you, let me know.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

FaMoUs
Account: FaMoUs
Clan: AKR

Unread post by FaMoUs »

I know this thread is really old but just wanted to let anyone that still makes maps about this tool in the attachment I put. It converts any tft map to roc by just by dragging the tft map into the tool. If you want the tft stuff to work on roc you still have to import the files to the map you want to convert... before u convert it. This tool won't increase the map size like doing it manually, plus its fast and noob friendly.

Did not made a new thread because this is the same topic.
Attachments
Convert.zip
w3x to w3m
(16.91 KiB) Downloaded 654 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Thank you. This will be useful to some people.
But I'll always prefer doing it manually because who knows how well that tool was written.
Also, I don't trust closed source programs without at least an attached readme or a way to identify the author.
Doesn't that tool have a home page? A link to that would be better, in case it's ever updated.
I for one would never want people to post my programs on other people's websites as attachments. Feel free to link to my stuff, but please don't redistribute it carelessly.
ImageImage

FaMoUs

Unread post by FaMoUs »

I talk to my friend that introduce me to the tool and he gave me the website where he got it from.
Here it is:http://max.slid.free.fr/maxEscapeCreati ... dTools.php
I actually know the creator of this tool, he makes slide maps. One well known map he created is "Murloc Slide".
Not much info on the tool itself though. I'm pretty sure he made it because I can't find the tool anywhere else but I could be wrong anyways that is all the info I have. I have to get in contact with Maximaxou to make sure but we are in different time zones and I hardly get on wc3 anymore so its kinda hard to get a hold of him, hes a Europe player.

-Edit
Just notice he has forums on that website so might end up making an account to get some info.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Sounds great, thanks.
ImageImage

FaMoUs

Unread post by FaMoUs »

Well, he didn't make it, here is the respond I got from Max.
It's not me who made this tool. But it simply changes the flag saying if the map is tft or roc (present in the map file) and rename the extension as ".w3m".
Also two other people responded and said that some guy name Ayane made it.
So yea no point on doing it manually since it works perfect with out messing anything else.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That's very useful information. Thanks!

And to think I actually copied all the files into a new, empty map shell every time I released a map... Instead of just hex editing one flag...
Releasing maps would have be so much easier, if only I knew this. Thanks again.
ImageImage