Video Sequence, Help please

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
Tasper
Realm: US East
Account: Tasper

Video Sequence, Help please

Unread post by Tasper »

need some help with a video sequence, how to stop the game and make the triggering unit enter in a X region speak something in a video secuence in about 20 seconds... like.. .. in the company.. ... how?

hi, thx ;D, bye

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Video Sequence, Help please

Unread post by 3ICE »

All-in-one trigger:
Melee Initialization Melee Initialization
.... t_eve Events ........ t_uni Unit - A unit enters Region <gen> .... t_co Conditions ........ t_if (Triggering unit) Equal to Footman 0000 <gen> .... t_act Actions ........ t_com -------- Stop the game -------- ........ t_cam Unit - Pause all units ........ t_com -------- Footman reports to Paladin part 1 -------- ........ t_cam Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0000 <gen> named Footman Scout:: Play FootmanScoutReport01 and display Sir! I have found.... Modify duration: Add 3.00 seconds and Wait ........ t_com -------- Footman reports to Paladin part 2 -------- ........ t_cam Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Paladin 0001 <gen> named Uther, the Paladin:: Play HeroPaladinResponseToReport01 and display ...Hic! Sorry, I'm drunk. Please go on.... Modify duration: Add 7.00 seconds and Wait ........ t_com -------- Footman reports to Paladin part 3 -------- ........ t_cam Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Footman 0000 <gen> named Footman Scout (puzzled):: Play FootmanScoutReport02 and display ...a treasure chest in the forest. Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
EDIT: You will have to unpause the footman and the paladin before starting the conversation though. You forgot to ask how to turn on cinematic mode, how to disable user control during the cinematic, how to enable cinematic skipping and a lot more. If you already know these, then never mind, also if you don't need them then never mind again :)
But if you happen to need these pieces of information, just ask them here.

--3ICE
Last edited by 3ICE on Sat May 22, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed [t] --> [trigger]
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Tasper

Unread post by Tasper »

Thx 3ICE ill ask if i need more help ;D

Tasper

Unread post by Tasper »

3ICE, in my 2nd video sequence, i put the time like this:
t_cam Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Demon Hunter 0012 <gen> named :/ : No Sound and display da da da.... Modify duration: Add 20.00 seconds and Wait

but the time only to read is like 2 segs .. i want 20 to read all :(, this is the info to tell:
...Okay, listen, this is the plan. I've reseached a Car at the end of the Mountain of this place, but we must becarefull because the Monsters can kill us, or same, if someone touch the Snow... bye Dude...

Too long?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

You need to add a wait after it too. (Same length as the "modify duration" value) in your case, wait 20 sec
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Tasper

Unread post by Tasper »

Like This?

t_cam Video....
t_wai Wait - 20 Seg
t_cam Video...

like that?