New Map(s) - Ideas/Suggestions?

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
imalazybiznatch
Realm: US West
Account: imalazybiznatch

New Map(s) - Ideas/Suggestions?

Unread post by imalazybiznatch »

This topic is for suggestions or ideas any member or guest wants to give me for my three (3) maps I am working on.

Key Words:
t_vis RoC = Region of Chaos
t_vis TFT = The Frozen Throne

Death's Phenomenon
Spoiler:
This map is my own and will be released October 20th, 2008. It is specifically a Halloween map and it is suppose to be a "scary" map.
Basically 8 "victims" are on a camping journey when their car breaks down near a village. They soon discover they are not in a peaceful village as one by one a killer starts attacking them. Survive from the killer and endure the scariness. Of course there is way more to it then this but this is the simple "outline" of the map.
LotR: Battle of Minas Tirith
Spoiler:
This map i created a long time ago and you can find it on http://www.epicwar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; however I am totally redoing it and it will be for sure the best Minas Tirith map on the RoC community. I won't give an "outline" to this map because I'm sure that everyone if not most people knows about LotR already.
Jurassic Park
Spoiler:
This map will be the only map of the three (3) that I will not be making from scratch. I will though be making the original Jurassic Park from RoC and totally redo it with custom models for all the Dinosaurs and the terrain will be redone to make it a more "jungle" feeling. Also, just like the Jurassic Park's that are already out on RoC, this one will not be as real as the movie.
-=- :ugeek: -=-

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: New Map(s) - Ideas/Suggestions?

Unread post by 3ICE »

imalazybiznatch wrote:Death's Phenomenon
I don't think many people will play Death's Phenomenon. Scary maps aren't that popular.
imalazybiznatch wrote:LotR: Battle of Minas Tirith
LotR maps always win. By the way if anyone wants to download Imalazybiznatch's version, it is here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/29242/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
imalazybiznatch wrote:Jurassic Park
I loved the idea behind the Jurassic Park map on Warcraft3, too bad nobody I played against/with was any good at it. Everyone who was on my team kept asking how I did this/that and I was too busy making more goldmines and didn't answer any questions. So they left. And by the time the dinosaurs were allowed to attack humans, they have either all left or after seeing my base called me a cheater and then left. SighImage

Please make your version as newb-friendly as possible, and it will be a big hit. And by all means, don't add too many models, try to keep the map size under 1MB. Nobody will wait for the download to finish if it takes over 1 minute to complete.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

Hey umm why dont you take my guitar hero game project i abandoned and 3ice abandoned :lol:
I have the very base idea at my post try makeing one it would be fun.

Btw there is a minimap pic when it loades for that posted game

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I might take it up, someday. But right now I need to actually finish some of my own maps and then put together a downloads place (outside of this forum, probably a static html page) for them. My latest creation is 3ICE's RKR, tested on 3 virtual computers, its almost perfect already. Too bad school is stealing my free time :S Haven't worked on it in months...

EDIT: How's your progress on the three maps above?
ImageImage

imalazybiznatch

Okay here is the news guys. It may seem bad or good, I don't really know. Basically, I am moving on with my life and beginning to look forward to the future of things. I want to end my WarCraft 3 gaming with a huge hit. Out of the 3 maps I posted above, only one is 99% complete, Jurassic Park. However, I really don't even feel like finishing it. If anyone wants it, I could give it to them to finish or do whatever they want with it.

Like I mentioned above, I want to end my gaming with WarCraft 3 with a hit. I have already started. My first map ever created for WarCraft 3 was "Gladiators Final Stand." Basically, my last map ever created will be "Gladiators: Final Stand." I am going to have no imported models, so download speed will be extremely fast for the RoC community. I will however have the map completely changed from all other Gladiator maps. I will make this map very interesting for the RoC community and have it so the map goes by fast and fun, where as the other Gladiator maps were slow and always the same it seems like; sending spiders and what not.

For any other information, I guess just reply to this topic and I will try to see it.

-imalazybiznatch

I Do Not Know Exactly When This Map Will Be Released! I'm So Busy!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Don't quit forever, get on war3 once or twice a month like I do.

It is quite hard to make a "final version" or "goodbye map". Bugs will come, eventually.
(For example a new patch can ruin a map's balanceImage)
ImageImage

imalazybiznatch

Eh, I could maybe check up on things once or twice a month...I just wouldn't be on like I use to be almost every other night and playing and all that...

As for the map, it will definitely be my "last" map. I may upgrade it here and there if necessary but I will most likely never start a new map...

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Good luck with the quitting :) It is hard, I know that for sure. (I quit about half year ago, but as you can see, I'm still around, just not on Battle.net)
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

Yes I know what you mean Im not playing any games on b-net my self but I just love the editor so I will do that. Most people who play these games for a long period of time are people who love to create.