I have a serious problem!

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
DieKralle
Realm: Europe
Account: Die_Kralle

Re: I have a serious problem!

Unread post by DieKralle »

Im really sorry to doublepost but maybe you didn't saw my edit yet. I am gonna send some pictures with the error. As always im gonna translate you that. The error is still there. Maybe you can find a solution.

Thank you

Sincerely DieKralle

Edit: Here are the pictures
First Picture says: File cannot be saved. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Maze of Claw v1.w3x'

Second Picture says: Directory can not be created. 'C:\Programm Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps\Download\Maze of Claw v1.w3xTemp\'

System-Error: Access denied
Error Picture1.jpg
Error Picture1.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 14401 times
Error Picture 2.jpg
Error Picture 2.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 14365 times
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"

3ICE
Admin
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yeah I completely missed your edits. Went back and looked at them now. Can you show me your imports screen (F12) again? Even if it's unchanged.

Have you tried renaming the map, saving it to a different folder, or running the editor as administrator? Check task manager just in case there are two editors running, one visible instance and one locked up (software hang) invisible copy of the worldedit.exe process. Kill (end process) the invisible one to free the file/folder lock from that *w3xtemp path.

I am sure saving to a brand new empty folder like C:\a\ would solve whatever file access conflicts your computer has ran into.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle

I almost solved it but it still shows 1 error. The error that occures is the picture 1 error. You may ask how did I almost solve it. It was missing the "Test" folder with 2 files in it. I had an old computer with Warcraft 3 installed and copied it to a USB device. With that I solved 1 problem but there are 2 more and I followed your instruction to start World Editor with admin rights. It kinda solved the map saving problems but the program don't knows where to save the map/file. Maybe I lost my original map but I don't think that I lost my map that way. I hope anyone that has this problem should read this topic :D

Edit: I tried to change the name of the map but the result stays. Do you have any other result for the problem?

DieKralle

Subject --> I have a serious problem! v2.0

So... 3ICE where was I. Ah I remember, it was 04.07.2016, 11:35pm where I posted the topic "I have a serious problem!", where I could not save ANY change I've made in my level "Maze of Claw" wich I put time in it (I didn't know too much about the editor at that time) and after you reminded me that I have 2 levels in 1. So I went back to my editor and quickly deleted the other level in it. I noticed after that I deleted the file that the little locks on a map file that can only be opened through administrator rights, wich only I could do. The locks were gone and every other file that had locks in front of it where gone to and I mean the whole file was gone. So then I realised, if I could not save my map, the MAIN MAP FILE was gone too. I immidiately searched help on your forum where you gave me some ways to fix it, BUT IT DIDN'T. You asked for screenshots, wich I gave you in hope you could solve this GIGANTIC PROBLEM, but this time you either forgot to answer me or your such a hedgehog that you couldn't see 3 edit posts that mostly said: "Did you solve my problem" or "Any results?". So I hoped for 5 months and 20 days that you would answer me, but you didn't. I gave you now the best possible way I could describe the problem to you and I'm hoping you would answer soon.

- DieKralle

PS: I would not or dare to say something bad to you, but in this moment it is needed. If your not happy of what I said then I am absolutely sorry about that.

PPS: The Error messages still occure. It could be a problem after the update of tft.

PPPS: If you could only fix that I would be back on track on Maze making. I also have cool songs in my mind that I could use ;)

PPPPS: Also this is probably my longest post so far and a post with lots of points in it. But you would find in 3 second something against me :D

PPPPPS: You can go back to the photos that I've send you like 5 months ago to have a better view of it.

PPPPPPS: I could not test a map before that, but after I restored a file that was missing I can test now.

PPPPPPPS: And changing file or map name did nothing either.
Last edited by DieKralle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Merged threads
ImageImage

DieKralle

That works too :D

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Send me the map, haha.

I'll fix it for you :)
ImageImage

DieKralle

Is download not enough?

Oh and also. If I start the Warcraft 3 Editor in administrator mode it changes nothing.
Last edited by 3ICE on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: doublepost merged

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

When you send me the map (or a link to wherever you hosted it), I will of course click download.

You can even host it in wc3 and I'll join. We'll need to schedule a time and you can specify which realm and your account name.

Send me the map. In any way that is convenient for you.
ImageImage

DieKralle

A link is the most convenient way to download maps or whatever: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/260580/

But when you meet people online in a game it's a feel of joy that holds.

Also you can call me by my name (From now on). I don't care when people now my first name. As long as the last name stays private (at least for me) I don't care that much. My name is Eren. Quick and Easy.

But my age stays private :P