Catapults

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
DieKralle
Realm: Europe
Account: Die_Kralle

Catapults

Unread post by DieKralle »

You know in a Maze the Catapults are pretty loud and I wanted to ask how to turn there attack sound off or reduce the sound they make.
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"

3ICE
Admin
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Catapults

Unread post by 3ICE »

Reduce: Export the wav file from the game files (mpq), edit it reducing volume, then import it into your map with the same path, thus overwriting the default sound.

Turn off: Edit the catapult unit's attack weapon 1 sound. (I think)

p.s.: I'm playing the black road again. After leveling from 120 to 130 in an epic long game, and forging countless new items, I crashed. Never saved my progress :(
p.p.s.: When you fall off a horse, get right back on or you'll never ride again. When you crash and lose progress, go progress again or you'll quit the game forever.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle

You should save after every level that you've earned.

DieKralle

What do you mean by edit the "Weapon Sound 1", like how do you do that. I've picked "Use as Sound" edited the sound it makes and tested it and it didn't work that way. It's kind of confusing me, you know ? Sometimes when someone tells me something he needs to explain it to me so I can understand it. My brain attached to that, but I can also solve problems fast. The world editor makes my brain a bit confused after 5 months of no Warcraft Editor. I'm not saying your not explaining it well, just I can't understand it well.

BugMeNot

Unread post by BugMeNot »

Not good. But just do the first method I described. Replace the wav file responsible for catapult projectile sounds.
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/3ice.hu

DieKralle

Waiting for a response :) (I just posted this to remind you of my other post ;) You can merge it to 1 single post)

3ICE
Admin
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

*The long awaited response has now magically appeared* Sorry for taking so long to approve my own BugMeNot posts.

These are all pretty damn loud, lower their volume too:
Abilities/Weapons/Catapult/CatapultMissile1.wav - CatapultMissile4.wav

Minitutorial begin:
Export sound from world editor via Sound editor
Use Audacity to transform the wav files to your liking. Lower volume by going to Effect → Amplify and selecting a negative value. Experiment until you find your desired volume.
Save your quieter missile sound in the same audio format, paying attention to use the same container (wav), same encoding, same sample rate, same number of channels, same bitrate, etc.
Import it back to your map, via Import manager, taking care to do so with the custom path I specified above. For example Abilities/Weapons/Catapult/CatapultMissile3.wav for the third one.
Repeat the above steps a total of 4 times, for the four sound variants that exist.
Done
Minitutorial end.
by 3ICE

Edit: [Use as Sound] creates a "COPY". But you want to replace the original. So you should have clicked [Replace Internal Sound] instead.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage