Takedown notice (template)

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Takedown notice (template)

Unread post by 3ICE »

I'm usually the recipient of these kinds of emails, but I did issue one back in 2008;
(Note: All email addresses and website URLs were removed in post. Replaced with "...")

Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai wrote:
Subj.: Concerning four files that are my property and were uploaded without my permission by an user called "CoolStuffer".

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you in order to request four files to be deleted that are solely my copyright property.
Please remove the following files from your server:
files.filefront.../3ICE+s+Maze+Designer+v619w3m/;9225505;/fileinfo.html
files.filefront.../3ICEs+Maze+Designer+v109w3m/;9225504;/fileinfo.html
files.filefront.../3ICEs+Maze+Designer+v185w3m/;9225503;/fileinfo.html
files.filefront.../3ICEs+Maze+Designer+v69w3m/;9225502;/fileinfo.html

I did not find any means of contacting the user at "hosted.filefront.../CoolStuffer", so I decided to contact you instead. If you have access to CoolStuffer's e-mail address, please do not hesitate to forward this e-mail to him. (The entire e-mail)
CoolStuffer never received permission from me to (re)distribute my property. Please take the files down.
Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai
http://www.3ice.hu/
... -legal mail
... -personal mail

Dear CoolStuffer,

You might be excited to hear about my new website, http://www.3ice.hu/ which contains the latest releases of all my maps. You will find 3ICE's Maze Designer v 10.6 there along many other maps I have made. You can even download without having to register, but since I believe you are my fan, I'm sure you will find it a pleasure to take part in the every day life of my forum. It was launched two days ago, so it's pretty new, but as more and more people will hear about it, it will grow.

3ICE

Positive response:

Subj.: Re: Concerning four files that are my property and were uploaded without my permission by an user called "CoolStuffer".
FileFront - File(s) Removed

Charlie @ filefront Thu, Mar 6, 2008, 3:19 PM to Daniel, Jonathan

Upon review, it has been determined that the file(s) reported violate the Terms of Service and/or the Acceptable Use Policy of the website and have been removed. Thank you for assisting us in our efforts to provide legal content to our users that is in line with our policies.

Charlie
Hosted Content and Network Support Management
Ziff - FileFront Division
Email: charlie @ filefront
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage