OneDrive referrals do not work

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

OneDrive referrals do not work

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yep, shows 0 for me as well.
I invited TWO users successfully so far. Both of them reliably and in complete trust.

One of them I had complete control over, even. Meaning I set up their PC in their home, sneakily sent them (myself) an invite email, and used that link to set up their brand new onedrive folder on their brand new system. Using a brand new Microsoft account, yes. Yes, created via following the invite link's prompts (The one that goes "Don't have a Microsoft account yet? Sign up now.") And connected to their smartphone (via phone number) + SMS verified. And app download.

No bonus was applied. To either of us. Even though my referral link was used and I saw it in the URL bar for a while. Then it disappeared but I assumed the new registration was already credited to me and thought nothing of it at the time.

The other person too; I expect he has clicked the sign up link I instructed them to click, and signed up under me. (Pyramid schemes are evil, but whatever.) Anyway, he sent me a file using onedrive soon afterwards, so it must have worked. But I see no bonus. Just a new onedrive user microsoft stole from me without paying my minimum required commission of 500MB storage for my "tech evangelism".

Give me my 1 GB, I desperately need it. And I earned it!

My Lumia 950XL takes gigantic (file size 8MB+) photos and I love zooming in on small details in them. Except photo sync keeps turning off as I run out of space and have to delete old photos regularly. No, no videos or big files. Just hundreds of 25 megapixel each shots. I don't want to convert down either, I'd lose the fine detail.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: OneDrive referrals do not work

Unread post by 3ICE »

There was a question above about 100GB free 2 years offer thing. The answer is no, you do not get to keep the files outside your newly reduced quota. They will count against your 30 GB. Meaning your onedrive will be permanently stuck in "FULL" error state until you erase at least 100 GB. Sure, you can freely use those files as far as downloading them goes, but no editing, and no uploading new files. I had this offer expire on me recently. I indeed erased 100 GB to get my onedrive back to working order. Easiest solution was I moved 100GB worth of old stuff to a hard drive, off the cloud. Because who cares if they're lost at this point. I only needed my most recent files synced.

Edit: The question is here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 636817bcae
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: OneDrive referrals do not work

Unread post by 3ICE »

And yes, my referral link is copy/pasted correctly. Proof:

https://onedrive.live.com?invref=07a577 ... &invscr=90

This is a valid link. (I'm not trying to fish any free sign ups by posting here. I can only apologize if I do gain something, though.)

Compare it with the same link in this picture:

http://static.3ice.hu/images/uploadfile ... --even.png

They're identical. No problem with the link itself.
ImageImage