On the topic of buying Airplane tickets online... A letter of complaint

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

On the topic of buying Airplane tickets online... A letter of complaint

Unread post by 3ICE »

(Lesson learned: Buy the ticket immediately and get a refund if you can't find accommodations later. If you pause the purchase to get a room first, the price of airfare will go way up.)

Hi,

I found a cheap (~40000 HUF) flight to Ibiza an hour ago. I began to purchase it immediately, filling out like five steps of the 8 pages long questionnaire, and stopping on the seat reservations page only to confirm my accommodations first over the phone. Having done that, all that remained was to click Continue on the page...

But I found I was ''logged out'' as if my session has expired in those 30 minutes. (There was no warning or timer, I kept the wizzair page open on a tablet device by my side the whole time.)

Hitting the back button, I found I was back on page 4 and could continue. Hooray! Except the price was different now; 51900 HUF — I did not want to stand for that. So I went back again, this time all the way to page 1. That broke something. Details were missing...

Grudgingly, I started over. Filled out everything again, (because of course it doesn't remember me, that'd be too reasonable to expect in 2016.)

Guess what? The price went up even more! 59950 HUF

Thinking it was a trick, I tried on my phone. 65000 HUF

Using my Laptop this time: 70000 HUF

Every time I refresh the offer goes up by 5000 HUF!?

I ended up not buying the ticket at twice the original price that it was offered at a mere hour ago.

Sincerely,
Daniel ''3ICE'' Berezvai

The more people looking at a ticket, the more expensive it becomes. Multiple devices on the same network = more virtual people, tricking the price even higher.

p.s.: Other airway companies don't force a mandatory registration upon users. I don't want to make sixty accounts, one for ryanair, one for lufthansa, one for malev, one for wizzair, etc. Let me buy as a guest like your competitors do.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle
Account: Die_Kralle

Re: On the topic of buying Airplane tickets online... A letter of complaint

Unread post by DieKralle »

I think it is not a good idea to buy a ticket for 70000 HUF (I don't know how much it costs here in Germany but it sounds a lot).
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"

3ICE
Admin
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

It's very cheap. The other tickets were in the range of 200000 - 285000 HUF :) (The most expensive one.) In dollars, that's equivalent to 1000$, or in euros: 900€.

In comparison, that 100$ ticket was too good to pass up.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle
Account: Die_Kralle

Unread post by DieKralle »

Oh then good for you :)
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"