Fuck websites like TheWindowsClub, displaying a comment box, but rejecting all submitted comments.

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Fuck websites like TheWindowsClub, displaying a comment box, but rejecting all submitted comments.

Unread post by 3ICE »

Edit: They finally approved my comment one month later.

Not only is the information they provide outdated and incomplete, they reject corrections such as:
Hi,

You can still disable them all together. Just not selectively anymore.

When a notification pops up, just right click it and select "Turn off notifications for this group". Then they will never bother you again.
Furthermore, you can disable the Security Center service itself, using services.msc → Security Center (wscsvc) → Properties → Startup type → Disabled → OK

It's pointless to keep monitoring something that has a tray icon in the bottom right corner of my screen at all times already. I will notice immediately if the icon changes to show an error-state or disappears altogether.

Sincerely,
Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai
Posted to their incorrect article: "Can you suppress or disable Security Center notifications in Windows 10?" which erroneously and flat out states, "No." when the true answer is Yes, as I have shown above. (No they do not deserve any awareness.)

Edit: And their almighty workaround linked in the hidden fine print is disabling the ENTIRE action and notification center. What!? Then how will I get my email notifications, windows updates, game notifications, facebook comments and messenger chats!?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle
Account: Die_Kralle

Re: Fuck websites like TheWindowsClub, displaying a comment box, but rejecting all submitted comments.

Unread post by DieKralle »

Good that you are aware of that. I have not downloaded windows 10 because I don't like it. Windows 7 forever.
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"

3ICE
Admin

Re: Fuck websites like TheWindowsClub, displaying a comment box, but rejecting all submitted comments.

Unread post by 3ICE »

DieKralle wrote:Good that you are aware of that.
Well I am now :) But the reason I looked at that article (and others) was to learn how to do it.
Only after seeing their woeful lack of knowledge did I turn to original research to solve my problem. And subsequently I tried to correct them.
DieKralle wrote:I have not downloaded windows 10 because I don't like it. Windows 7 forever.
My Windows 10 looks and feels like Windows 7 with no theme. Just required a few tweaks here and there. Win10 boots quicker, opens applications faster than win7 did. Speed is the most important parameter I gauge.

Update: I managed to post my comments. They set up a disqus thread for each article, it was just not visible at the time of writing.

Edit: The default wordpress comment system they had up is configured to treat each comment as spam. They are probably in the process of converting over to a disqus-based commenting system.
ImageImage

DieKralle

This question is in my mind since I created this account. Is your middle name really "3ICE" or as I call it "BICE."

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Sorry for the late reply, was away from internet.

Your intuition is correct, it is indeed pronounced three-ice.
I spent so much time and effort correcting people who thought it was "bice". I've stopped doing that now. People can call me whatever they want :)
But since you asked, please call me three ice.
ImageImage

DieKralle

I am going to call you from now on three ice or 3ice to respect your middle name. But still I can't believe that someone thought of a middle name that has three ice or 3ice in it. I mean seriously. Now I am not going to make fun of your middle name or the actual person behind this website, instead I am going to respect you like everyone else.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

They finally approved my comment one month later. I just checked. It's been two years.
ImageImage