What do you do with our feedback? Can we see what we sent in so far to Google?

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: What do you do with our YouTube feedback? Can we see what we sent in so far to Google?

Unread post by 3ICE »

Why in Microsoft Store even when I'm logged in it refuses to show me Screenshots unless I complete this: "Enter your date of birth" step first!? Duck PEGI and their stupid requirements it's a children's game and they still age gate it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: What do you do with our YouTube feedback? Can we see what we sent in so far to Google?

Unread post by 3ICE »

The maps app is far superior in landscape mode. Please improve portrait to have the same floating navigation boxes feature.
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Bing maps:
This road (Gyümölcsdűlő) connects to Csordakúti street nearby. Directions planner refuses to see it. Please fix the map.

Edit:
Missing two roads:
Head northeast on Gyümölcsösdűlő út toward Mezőőr u.
450 m

Continue onto Mezőőr u.
270 m

Turn right toward 586. u./Csordakút út
450 m
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Facebook app:

I switched away from the Facebook app for a minute to find an example image to add to the end of my lengthy comment, but upon returning I've found my work erased. Had to retype the whole "essay"... (I'm exaggerating; it wasn't that long, just a couple paragraphs. Still painful!)
I don't get it; don't you save draft versions of our posts/comments, and even sync them across devices? It works on PC, why not phone?
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: What do you do with our feedback? Can we see what we sent in so far to Google?

Unread post by 3ICE »

Chrome:

"This extension violates the Chrome Web Store policy."
yet it was enabled and running after this most recent chrome update. (It was stuck in a permanently disabled state, previously.) Huge, I think, Security concern... Fliping a policy-violator addon back on. In the past I was not even allowed to enable it, and now it can be freely toggled on/off. Why so lax all of a sudden? Is "policy" not equivalent to "the law"? The extension in question breaks the law and yet is allowed free!

Also it's ridiculous that a simple small demo extension created BY THE GOOGLE TEAM could violate your own policy. Get it together!

p.s.: Extension in question is called "chromeTouch". But could also be "CD key stealer", "credit card info dumper", "advanced ransomware", etc. Don't let this happen again.
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: What do you do with our feedback? Can we see what we sent in so far to Google?

Unread post by 3ICE »

OneDrive

This "syncing 3 files" "syncing 3 files" "syncing 3 files" spam is awful. Trashes my hard drive and lags my PC.
Please DETECT when Google backup and sync is working on the OneDrive folder, please!
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Dear Google Photos dev team,

If I rotate a photo with Assistant "sideways pictures" feature in Google Photos (website), then I expect the original file on my PC to get rotated as well, through the Backup&Sync app that I have running in the background. Please and Thank you. Or do I need to use the Google Drive app for that? I hope not. This sync is resource-intensive enough when downloading / uploading several gigabytes of photos from my OneDrive to my Google Drive and back. Also this is feedback I sent Microsoft, please see if you can do something about it on your end:
3ICE wrote:This "syncing 3 files" "syncing 3 files" "syncing 3 files" spam is awful. Trashes my hard drive and lags my PC.
Please DETECT when Google backup and sync is working on the OneDrive folder, please!
Sincerely,
Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai
http://forum.3ice.hu/viewtopic.php?f=15 ... 5390#p5390
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Simplified Ribbon radio / toggle / switch thingy in OneNote new web UI:

This switch button is annoying. So I clicked it for no reason. Anyway, just testing what it used to look like.

Switch Ribbon:
We'll need to refresh the page to bring back the Classic Ribbon. Your work will be saved.
(Tell us why you're switching to the Classic Ribbon.)
vs
We'll need to refresh the page to bring back the Single Line Ribbon. Your work will be saved.

http://forum.3ice.hu/viewtopic.php?f=15 ... 5393#p5393
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Situation: Both OneDrive and Google Backup/Sync are running at the same time, and both are working in my Documents folder.

Still a OneDrive issue! Here's why:
  2. OneDrive LOCKS this .tmp.drivedownload folder and its contents for uploading, and thus prevents Google Sync from working in it properly. Race condition!
  3. OneDrive syncs this folder and its temporary contents to Microsoft, thus even after Google Sync is done with it and tries to delete it, OneDrive RESTORES the deleted folder and contents occasionally. (Happens if I don't let Google Sync finish - especially during Sleep/Hibernation/Power loss conditions.)
  4. Google Sync MOVES my actual files files into and out of this temp folder, so OneDrive THINKS the user DELETED the current file being synced. And promptly deletes it from OneDrive. (They also get renamed by Google Sync to *.tmp which further confuses OneDrive.)
  5. Then Google Sync moves the file back a few seconds later, and OneDrive reuploads the temporarily moved file again. Wasting double my bandwidth and creating useless file modifications history and filling my trash with duplicates.
  6. Google Sync cannot work if there already is a temp folder. (Wrong attributes too; Not system and Not hidden) OneDrive interrupts Google Sync by keeping the tmp folder around. I have to manually delete it, frequently. With files inside! Who knows if some of my data is LOST then, or not?
  7. Google Sync is guilty too, of not using %TMP% anymore (It used to, in the past...) At least when both TMP and GD are on C:\, it SHOULD!
  8. OneDrive spams randomly named GUID files in the root folder, such as ".2339C9593-DI756-4EC6-8DE-4241E2A707B" and even after I delete them it recreates them. Keep it elsewhere, damn it! Google Sync uploads and tracks changes to this stupid OneDrive-exclusive settings file. And then OneDrive gets confused when Google Sync changes the GUID back during an "out of sync" Sync.
  9. There are inadequate settings in OneDrive. We can't blacklist the folder, to prevent it from being OneDrive'd.
  10. Google Sync can blacklist file extensions, but not file names, and since the GUID spam has random file extensions and HAS NO NAME, I cannot prevent Google Sync from uploading OneDrive's junk file either.
  11. This is insufficient. One is similar to the other in ineptitude. Like how I can't blacklist Google Sync folders in OneDrive. Both have insufficient settings.
Race conditions and interference all around. Both are at fault for not ignoring each other and for working / being designed in various stupid ways that aren't compatible with one another.

Workaround is terrible: Run OneDrive first, wait for it to sync, then KILL OneDrive. Only THEN may one run Google Sync, also wait for it to finish, and KILL that too. The two cannot run at the same time.
Antivirus companies fixed this years ago. Cloud apps should, too.

Solution:
  1. OneDrive: Give the GUID file a NAME! So I can blacklist it.
  2. Google Sync: Stop spamming tmp folders! Keep it in %TMP% like you're supposed to. If and only if both TMP and the folder being synced is on the same drive (C:\ 99% of the time. Stop catering to the 1% this way. Prioritize the 99%'s convenience!)
  3. Both OneDrive and Google Sync: PROPER ability to Blacklist FOLDERS as well as files, based on regex pattern matching.
  4. DETECT if the competitor's software is running and stay the hell out of each others way!
  5. Be polite. Don't be evil. Do the right thing. Where do you want to go today? Empowering us all. Your potential. Our passion. Be what's next.
  6. EEE!
Sent to both Microsoft and Google. http://forum.3ice.hu/viewtopic.php?f=15 ... 5394#p5394

Sincerely,
Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai
3ice.hu
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

The above message was submitted as it is, to:

Microsoft, here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... cf45bef425
as a reply to a thread "What is.tmp.drivedownload and can I remove it?"

And to Google, here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... dTVlYUNIbo
as a new thread "Race condition with .tmp.drivedownload: OneDrive and Google Drive Backup & Sync running together; on the same PC, on the same set of folders, and at the same time. Also, %tmp%"

With the sole modification of the introduction sentence for google being changed to:
"They don't play nice together. Which is (partially) a Google Backup and Sync issue! Here's why:"

And for Microsoft with this addition at the bottom:
"Edit: Links made clickable. This is no GMail, apparently. One must manually format their links even if they're fully qualified with protocol (http://)"

Google-only, my first self-response:
Is there a reason why my ENTIRE message was squashed onto a single line, with all formatting removed? Formatting options under my message are grayed out.

Further Google-only addition:
(Edit: I tried my best to reformat this post, after all formatting was wiped from it, but you're still far better off reading it at my website: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=975&p=5394#p5394 where the NEWLINE character is not banned... Original message follows, edited to make it readable at least slightly:) Hi, Situation...

So this is how my post on Google Productforums looks like...
Race condition with .tmp.drivedownload: OneDrive and Google Drive Backup & Sync running together; on the same PC, on the same set of folders, and at the same time. Also, %tmp% wrote:(Edit: I tried my best to reformat this post, after all formatting was wiped from it, but you're still far better off reading it at my website: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=975&p=5394#p5394 where the NEWLINE character is not banned... Original message follows, edited to make it readable at least slightly:) Hi, Situation: Both OneDrive and Google Backup/Sync are running at the same time, and both are working in my Documents folder. They don't play nice together. Which is (partially) a Google Backup and Sync issue! Here's why: 1) OneDrive LOCKS this .tmp.drivedownload folder and its contents for uploading, and thus prevents Google Sync from working in it properly. Race condition! 2) OneDrive syncs this folder and its temporary contents to Microsoft, thus even after Google Sync is done with it and tries to delete it, OneDrive RESTORES the deleted folder and contents occasionally. (Happens if I don't let Google Sync finish - especially during Sleep/Hibernation/Power loss conditions.) 3) Google Sync MOVES my actual files files into and out of this temp folder, so OneDrive THINKS the user DELETED the current file being synced. And promptly deletes it from OneDrive. (They also get renamed by Google Sync to *.tmp which further confuses OneDrive.) 4) Then Google Sync moves the file back a few seconds later, and OneDrive reuploads the temporarily moved file again. Wasting double my bandwidth and creating useless file modifications history and filling my trash with duplicates. 5) Google Sync cannot work if there already is a temp folder. (Wrong attributes too; Not system and Not hidden) OneDrive interrupts Google Sync by keeping the tmp folder around. I have to manually delete it, frequently. With files inside! Who knows if some of my data is LOST then, or not? 6) Google Sync is guilty too, of not using TMP anymore (It used to, in the past...) At least when both TMP and GD are on C:\, it SHOULD! 7) OneDrive spams randomly named GUID files in the root folder, such as ".2339C9593-DI756-4EC6-8DE-4241E2A707B" and even after I delete them it recreates them. Google Sync then uploads and tracks changes to this stupid OneDrive-exclusive settings file. And then OneDrive gets confused when Google Sync changes the GUID back during an "out of sync" Sync. 8) There are inadequate settings in OneDrive. We can't blacklist the folder, to prevent it from being OneDrive'd. 9) Google Sync can blacklist file extensions, but not file names, and since the GUID spam has random file extensions and HAS NO NAME, I cannot prevent Google Sync from uploading OneDrive's junk file either. 10) This is insufficient. One is similar to the other in ineptitude. Like how I can't blacklist Google Sync folders in OneDrive. Both have insufficient settings.Race conditions and interference all around. Both are at fault for not ignoring each other and for working / being designed in various stupid ways that aren't compatible with one another.Workaround is terrible: Run OneDrive first, wait for it to sync, then KILL OneDrive. Only THEN may one run Google Sync, also wait for it to finish, and KILL that too. The two cannot run at the same time.Antivirus companies fixed this years ago. Cloud apps should, too. Solution: 1) OneDrive: Give the GUID file a NAME! So I can blacklist it. 2) Google Sync: Stop spamming tmp folders! Keep it in %TMP% like you're supposed to. If and only if both TMP and the folder being synced is on the same drive (C:\ 99% of the time. Stop catering to the 1% this way. Prioritize the 99%'s convenience!) 3) Both OneDrive and Google Sync: PROPER ability to Blacklist FOLDERS as well as files, based on regex pattern matching. 4) DETECT it the competitor's software is running and stay the hell out of each others way! 5) Be polite. Don't be evil. Do the right thing. Where do you want to go today? Empowering us all. Your potential. Our passion. Be what's next. 6) EEE! Sent to both Microsoft and Google. Sincerely, Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai 3ice.hu
Edit: No replies yet. 2 business days elapsed.
ImageImage