Chain Linkz

Community for Programmers and Developers. C, C++, C#, Basic, Perl, VB, VBS, Java, Javascript, PHP, CGI, HTML and More!
Forum rules
• If you are posting source code, proper indenting and comments will improve the readability.
I_H8_U_M8

Chain Linkz

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

Here Is a fun game to play I made. 1-4 players
http://compsci.ca/v3/download.php?id=6379

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Chain Linkz

Unread post by 3ICE »

Broken lol.
You can't use hard-coded path names like "E:\Documents\Turing Games\Turing Programs\ChainLink\Chain Link.t" Everyone has something different at their E:\ drive, for example for me it's my work-laptop's 2nd DVD writer, network mapped. But I occasionally change the letters around and it becomes my Floppy drive. Or my DVD-recorder. Or an FTP drive at ftp:// :not: 3ice. :a: hu/ :real: pub/ :link: www/
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Nice fix! The game is UNCLOSABLE though. If there is an X button I expect it to work.
Could you tell me why it takes 100% CPU and 12MB ram to display an image and some dots?
The ram is okay, just fix the CPU hogging.
Start using Version Numbers, ChainLink1.zip ChainLink2.zip ChainLink3.zip ChainLink4.zip
Never say Last / Final version. There are always unexpected bugs popping up in software that you must fix.
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Lol 3ice If you read the post it says press Esc.
Also It's turing so it will take up that much ram. I can't fix that.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I_H8_U_M8 wrote:Lol 3ice If you read the post it says press Esc.
Then hide the X button. (eg.: full screen game) Buttons that don't do anything are unnecessary and confusing. And never expect anyone to read what you wrote. People don't work like that. You either punch them in the face with 100px big letters or don't write anything.
I_H8_U_M8 wrote:Also It's turing so it will take up that much ram. I can't fix that.
You mean cpu... I never said 12 megabytes were "much". And if turing consumes 100% cpu for a simple game like that you should stop using it, because there are better languages out there. For example C would need less than 1% for this.
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Last edited by I_H8_U_M8 on Sun May 31, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Why the rage and yelling? None of your arguments are real and all caps will not validate them either.

You can make full screen apps with turing if it supports loading DLLs. If it doesn't, well, too bad.

ChainLinkz doesn't take up 2GB ram, it takes up 0.012GB. Please stop talking about ram now. It was never an issue. 100% CPU usage is.

My computer is pretty decent, I would not like to get a new one. It has enough ram for everything I want it to do.

Turing is a very limited language, only one school uses it, and the only community behind it is a forum. Learning it was great and useful, using it is, however, a waste of time. You know how to program now, so picking up a new language will be very easy for you. Do it.

I'd rather not get involved with turing.
ImageImage