StarCraft2

Discussion of interesting applications and computer games available on the market.
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: StarCraft2

Unread post by 3ICE »

samtre wrote:how the hell am i going to play the maps?
Either get the crack that lets you play offline or use the Test Map button.

Ultimately, just buy the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Realm: US East
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

things i'm currently looking forward to:
Food cap of 100+ easy
Upgradeable buildings
"Advanced"(more) buildings
Unlockable achievements
Smexyer graphics
More addicting games

to sum it all up, to me Starcraft2 is actually exactly what i was looking for, a new war3 that was greatly improved! 8-)

drawbacks:
unable to hold shift and build something with insignifigent funds (aka hold shift build multi buildings and you have to have all the money then.)
Alt+Tab in single player does NOT pause the game

(i will add more as i come across pros/cons)
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

shinning_faith wrote:Food cap of 100+ easy
Already possible in War3 (See 3ICE's Fastest Map Possible for example)
shinning_faith wrote:Upgradeable buildings
Because upgrading your Town Hall to a Castle does not count?
shinning_faith wrote:"Advanced"(more) buildings
SC2 and WC3 have about the same amount of buildings.
shinning_faith wrote:Unlockable achievements
Every game is better with achievements! :)
shinning_faith wrote:Smexyer graphics
I am not a fan of that. (Because it kills my computer...)
shinning_faith wrote:More addicting games
Hi. Ever tried WoW? ;)
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:Food cap of 100+ easy
Already possible in War3 (See 3ICE's Fastest Map Possible for example)
seen it, liked it, im talking about in ladder
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:Upgradeable buildings
Because upgrading your Town Hall to a Castle does not count?
no as a matter of fact it doesn't, one building compared to almost all buildings being able to upgrade is way diffrent.
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:"Advanced"(more) buildings
SC2 and WC3 have about the same amount of buildings.
well consitering that im playing the demo (not all buildings can be played yet) and there are 2 buttons instead of 1 for builders (terran SVC's) i beg to differ
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:Unlockable achievements
Every game is better with achievements! :)
AGREED!
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:Smexyer graphics
I am not a fan of that. (Because it kills my computer...)
not mine im good to go for a while before i have to even think of getting a new computer or fixing it up!
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:More addicting games
Hi. Ever tried WoW? ;)
ya i have actually, not a big fan, Diablo 2 far surpassed WoW in my eyes

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

shinning_faith wrote:unable to hold shift and build something with insignifigent funds (aka hold shift build multi buildings and you have to have all the money then.)
That is very annoying for me too. A similar issue was that you couldn't shift+right click an item to pick it up if your inventory was full. I often shift+queued sell actions and then tried shift+right clicking a new item to pick up, but it wouldn't let me. I had to wait until the queued items were sold. This has been fixed though.
shinning_faith wrote:Alt+Tab in single player does NOT pause the game
Which is AWESOME! I can finally tab out of the game without the stupid single player auto-pause.
Ever played a game where you had perfectly secured your base and all you needed was to mine 15000 more minerals until victory? Well you could leave the game on and go AFK, but if you tried alt+tabbing it paused. So it was either quit the game or stand up and walk away from the game. No win either way.
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:unable to hold shift and build something with insignifigent funds (aka hold shift build multi buildings and you have to have all the money then.)
That is very annoying for me too. A similar issue was that you couldn't shift+right click an item to pick it up if your inventory was full. I often shift+queued sell actions and then tried shift+right clicking a new item to pick up, but it wouldn't let me. I had to wait until the queued items were sold. This has been fixed though.
roflmfao i know right? i always use the multi action button (shift) for everything (not including mazing anymore) i relied on it for alot of functions just to find out i have to do everything in SC2 on the spot instead of planning it out and getting ahead of my shit,
3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:Alt+Tab in single player does NOT pause the game
Which is AWESOME! I can finally tab out of the game without the stupid single player auto-pause.
Ever played a game where you had perfectly secured your base and all you needed was to mine 15000 more minerals until victory? Well you could leave the game on and go AFK, but if you tried alt+tabbing it paused. So it was either quit the game or stand up and walk away from the game. No win either way.
i have wanted this ALOT however there are more times were i want/need to do something (in mid game i posted the cons to this subject) and i figured it wouldnt continue game

EDIT:P.s.: could you do me a favor 3ICE? i would love to see 2 or 3 screen-shots of some triggers (perferably maze triggers(if no mazes are on SC2 i will be the first to make 1)) so i can get a feel of what ima be dealing with hopefully very soon? thanks alot for everything 3ICE and 4ICE(EqualiseR)

EDIT2:it would seem that around 630 units (i used cheats for minerals and to raise cap limit) is the point were i begin to spike/lag a little bit, however my lag is only a few points of a second at most on the worst spike. there for having the full game i will be able to play ladder with out having any graphics/lag problems =D.

TAKE MY TEST! use "smoldersbolds", "mintmansoperator" and "basestarsprimative" for (and in order) 5k supplies, cap limit taken off, and fast build. find out how many units you can have on your screen at once. how i accomplished this was by making my buildings then killing all units so i can make sure that every unit is worth 1 food(aka build barracks(i used 8 for fastest results) then kill all units and pump marines untill you begin to spike/lag and post the amount of units (your unit cap) here! can you beat 630+?
heres my proof, cant see cap but if u wanna count 630+ marines be my guest!... oh wait from seeing screen shot you cant see them all, oh well for those of you that count tell me around what you get to atleast =P
sc2 lag policy.jpg
sc2 lag policy.jpg (53.22 KiB) Viewed 9200 times
EDIT3: sorry i like to brag, not even a full second of lag, one and a half seconds delay at one THOUSAND four HUNDRED fifty-eight units all trained by me only.
1sl picture.jpg
1sl picture.jpg (30.61 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
i strongly encurage those who are thinking of getting starcraft2 to download the demo at https://us.battle.net/account/sc2-demo.html and test your computer! the demo is easily only a 12th of the whole game so if you lag hard core under a unit cap of 150 i would suggest a computer upgrade!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I will take your units-on-screen test in half an hour.

Easiest way to count how many units you have is: Add them to a hotkey. The interface then displays unit count. (There is a limit to how many units you can select, but you can use multiple hotkeys: 10*255=2550 units can be counted without reusing hotkeys. An infinite amount of units can be counted by reusing hotkeys.)

And A LOT are still two words god damn it!
smaller pictures are better.jpg
smaller pictures are better.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 9176 times
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

3ICE wrote:I will take your units-on-screen test in half an hour.
im awaiting your results ^^

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

First game I accidentally played in multiplayer (no cheats). Got up to 229, no lag:Image
229.JPG
229.JPG (180.19 KiB) Viewed 9208 times
ImageImage

SHiNNiNG_FaiTH

rofl befor you begin to lag? o.o holy shit dude you need a comp upgrade it would seem.
SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
EDIT3: sorry i like to brag, not even a full second of lag, one and a half seconds delay at one THOUSAND four HUNDRED fifty-eight units all trained by me only.