[Tribes Ascend] They still don't want my money... (Unedited customer support emails)

Discussion of interesting applications and computer games available on the market.
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

[Tribes Ascend] They still don't want my money... (Unedited customer support emails)

Unread post by 3ICE »

Click here to play Tribes Ascend!

Hi,

My Paypal account is not verified.

Is there a way to buy tribes gold (possibly for an extra charge or a timeout to catch recall cheaters)?

I have 60 dollars in my Paypal account and have made successful purchases over 100$ with it in the past. I don't see 10$ for a virtual good as a big-risk transaction that you should protect so strongly by requiring verified Paypal accounts.

Verified Paypal accounts are usually only required when a transaction is for a real-world item which is over 500$ in value. Protecting a 10$ virtual purchase this way is in no way justified.

If a user recalls his payment, you can recall the VIP status and gold or whatever it was spent on very easily. Or simply ban him.

You do not need to demand verified Paypal account status of your buyers. Think of all the sales you are losing out on!

Paypal support is not willing to help me in any way. Are you?

Sincerely,

Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai

p.s.: So much trouble to go through just to buy a game... Have you tested the system beyond the basic "it works for me" check? I am a BSc Software Development student and I'd be ashamed if I made a payment system this bad. If you hired a third party company to handle these transactions in your stead I suggest breaking the contract with those amateurs and building your own system.

p.p.s.: Why must the buy interface be in-game only? I'd prefer a website I can access from my browser of choice. Who knows what integrated IE badness you have in there?

Click here to play Tribes Ascend!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: [Tribes Ascend] They still don't want my money... (Unedited customer support emails)

Unread post by 3ICE »

Canned text wrote:The way our store works with PayPal is that PayPal needs to have the credit card as a backup funding source to complete the payment. If a buyer only has their bank account on file with PayPal our system will not allow for the immediate transaction/authorization to complete. (bank account only would take 2-5 business days) So you need to have a card on your account to get it to work. At this time there is no way to purchase with Paypal without having a credit card assigned to the account.

Thank you,
HiRezRemy
Hi-Rez Support Staff
Hi,

Yes, but why?

Why does this limitation exist for Tribes Ascend and not for any other game retailer?

I bought 12 games through Steam with the same unverified Paypal account. (12$, they were on 95% off bundle sale or something. I also bought more expensive games through Steam, they add up to around 20$)
→Steam accepts unverified Paypal.

I bought a 1 month World of Warcraft subscription with the same unverified Paypal account. (15$)
→Was a third party reseller. They accept unverified Paypal.

I bought Minecraft with the same unverified Paypal account. (was 10$ back then)
→Minecraft has its own store and it accepts unverified Paypal.

I bought Starcraft 2 with the same unverified Paypal account. (60$)
→Brick and mortar store, accepting unverified Paypal.

So how come I can't buy Tribes Ascend with the same unverified Paypal account? (would be 10$)
→Why not?

This is something you did wrong. Every other company I have ever done business with accepted my money. Why won't you?

--Daniel
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage