NEXON anticheat is stupid - forbidding CE I can understand, but process monitor too!? And why ban without warning first? (Warning temp bans don't count - I want a warning popup not a one day ban.)

Discussion of interesting applications and computer games available on the market.
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

NEXON anticheat is stupid - forbidding CE I can understand, but process monitor too!? And why ban without warning first? (Warning temp bans don't count - I want a warning popup not a one day ban.)

Unread post by 3ICE »

I expect I'll be banned from their forum for "knowing about cheats at all" so I'm saving a copy of my post here:

Oh god damn it already, I just got ready to start playing this game and now it seems I'll get banned before I can even start to play.

I have CE always running in the background. I even thought about it as I was starting Ghost in the Shell but instead of closing it I only googled https://www.google.com/search?q=ghost+i ... eat+engine and voila, found this thread warning us not to have CE. Oops. I terminated the game quickly but it might have been too late.

It's NEXON... I should have known. Their strict anticheat guards even flag innocent admin stuff like process explorer/monitor. Which is also always running. I'm doubly screwed. :(

Edit: I seem to recall Maple Story (also a NEXON anticheat game) worked differently. That version simply refused to launch the game if it detected that process monitor's kernel mode drivers have been loaded in the system. Why couldn't have the same been done for CE? I don't mind exiting it if I'm asked. What I DO mind is getting banned over something so trivial. Though I remember it was pretty annoying, having to reboot my system over something so stupid. The only way to unload kernel mode drivers was to not load them in the first place. I soon stopped playing that game, I was simply not willing to sacrifice over 1 month long system uptime streaks just to reset my "possible cheater" flag. Not every kernel mode driver is for cheating, NEXON!

Edit 2: I expect I'll be banned from these forum for "knowing about cheats at all" so I'm saving a copy of my post here: http://forum.3ice.hu/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=961 Just look a few posts above, poor guy defending CE with legitimate examples: Mark F. Smith (Banned)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage