"Incorrect xml declaration syntax."

Do you need help with a computer-related problem? Ask it here!
democrates
Realm: US East

"Incorrect xml declaration syntax."

Unread post by democrates »

Hi Daniel! I recently submitted a post under the alias "CJ" in regards to your help in solving my "Incorrect xml declaration syntax" problem. Thanks for getting back to me! I hope my posting in a irrelevant forum topic was not an inconvenience! Anyhow, the following document is the specific document that is giving me issues "with opening a Microsoft (.docx) document. When attempting to open the file, I receive the following DETAILS: "Incorrect xml declaration syntax. Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 1, Column: 49."" Thank you for any and all help!!!!!!!!
Last edited by democrates on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: "Incorrect xml declaration syntax."

Unread post by 3ICE »

Sadly, your latest document.xml is damaged beyond repair. It is completely blank, no matter which extractor I use.
Tried pkunzip.exe, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinRar, GZIP, and GnuWin32's UnZip.

Do you have other / previous versions of the file?
I could easily fix the one that still returns the "Incorrect xml declaration syntax.", if I had that version of your file.
Sadly the one you sent me has a far worse error: "Some parts are missing or invalid" specifically, document.xml, the body and soul of documents is missing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

democrates

Thanks for looking into this. I am trying to find a past copy of the file. When trying to open the document in word, I end up with the "Incorrect xml declaration syntax" problem on the line and column previously stated. Considering the file size, the content is there, it is just a matter of figuring out to do extract the data or access what is inside the file. I'll keep looking!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Found a recovery tool that was able to save some of your document:

ost of it.</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00365A29"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> Of course, he gives it back in a gentle tone and a smile, “Here you go</w:t></w:r><w:proofErr w:type="gramStart"/><w:r w:rsidR="00365A29"><w:t xml:space="preserve">. </w:t></w:r><w:proofErr w:type="gramEnd"/><w:r w:rsidR="00365A29"><w:sym w:font="Wingdings" w:char="F04A"/></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00365A29"><w:t>”</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00C525BD"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> </w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00B63C07"><w:t xml:space="preserve">My most prized possession is gone and at the same time I was made to give in to wrong. </w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="009C1CFF"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> Boy how do I feel?</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="002234A7"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> You cannot</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="001A75E0"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> imagine or fathom the feeling. </w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00057319"><w:t>It’</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00852EB8"><w:t>s a living H</w:t></w:r><w:bookmarkStart w:id="0" w:name="_GoBack"/><w:bookmarkEnd w:id="0"/><w:r w:rsidR="00057319"><w:t>ell.</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00852EB8"><w:t xml:space="preserve"> </w:t></w:r></w:p><w:sectPr w:rsidR="00C9600C"><w:headerReference w:type="default" r:id="rId7"/><w:pgSz w:w="12240" w:h="15840"/><w:pgMar w:top="1440" w:right="1440" w:bottom="1440" w:left="1440" w:header="720" w:footer="720" w:gutter="0"/><w:cols w:space="720"/><w:docGrid w:linePitch="360"/></w:sectPr></w:body></w:document>
ImageImage

democrates

Aha! Progess! :D That's what I'm talking about! This paper was written out of emotional pain. It means so much trying to get this back!

democrates

To assist, what kind of program(s) should I look for on Google to recover the data?

democrates

I found a working backup! :) Thank you for your help! It really means a lot! Sorry for the inconvenience man! From what I've been reading, you are quite a knowledge person!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Glad you solved it. The portion I recovered was like half a paragraph only:

ost of it. Of course, he gives it back in a gentle tone and a smile, "Here you go. :)" My most prized possession is gone and at the same time I was made to give in to wrong. Boy how do I feel? You cannot imagine or fathom the feeling. It's a living Hell.
ImageImage