Help me

The perfect one step solution for creating Ice/Sliding Mazes in both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. It is the only decent system around and it even works in RoC, is lagfree, perfectly optimized, fast and reliable. The included TerrainKill feature frees you from the tedious task of creating a thousand kill-regions.
Maxximus

Help me

Unread post by Maxximus »

If i wanted 2 terrains to do the same thing then would i just copy that then replace the terrain code? (I decided to make regions to pause the units instead of doing it the difficult way)
btw if i do pause the unit that goes on the ice would it still move with your system?

EDIT: Oh yea, your system can turn off turning...
so if i wanted 2 different terrains with the same trigger
would i copy the trigger
then on the second one replace "Nice" with whatever i want then make it turn of sliding?
would that work??

EDITEDIT: :( when i copy it the variables aren't there =(

EDITEDITEDIT: I wish i could have 2 world editors open at once...

EDITEDITEDITEDIT: When i went to save it so far, all the jass broke...

EDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT: if all of that happens does that mean i just have to work from your map?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Help me

Unread post by 3ICE »

Bad topic title, crowded and unreadable post, this can't get any worse now. I tried answering every question, but you need to make nicer posts in the future or nobody will care to read them.
Maxximus wrote:If i wanted 2 terrains to do the same thing then would i just copy that then replace the terrain code?
No, that'd cause millions of syntax errors.
Maxximus wrote:btw if i do pause the unit that goes on the ice would it still move with your system?
Yes, it would still slide. Pausing only stops the player from giving orders, triggers can (and do) still move it.
Maxximus wrote:so if i wanted 2 different terrains with the same trigger would i copy the trigger then on the second one replace "Nice" with whatever i want then make it turn of sliding? would that work?
Why do you ask it again? I already told you it would break.
Maxximus wrote:when i copy it the variables aren't there =(
You make no sense.
Maxximus wrote:I wish i could have 2 world editors open at once...
I opened two editors, but copying didn't work between them. It is better to just open both maps in the same editor and switch between them with Window → map1 / Window → map2.
Maxximus wrote:When i went to save it so far, all the jass broke...
Because you broke it. Redefining every function again is invalid and throws a lot of syntax errors.
Maxximus wrote:if all of that happens does that mean i just have to work from your map?
You can change the sliding system however you want, it's not closed source. It would be really easy if you knew jass. It's as easy as adding a new 'or' condition to the part where I determine whether the terrain tile under the hero is the sliding terrain type (ice). You can put a second terrain type there.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Maxximus

sooo could u tell me how to make 2 terrains work with the one trigger? or.. just write an "add-on" to the current trigger that u have so i can copy it onto it?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I already did.
3ICE wrote:You can change the sliding system however you want, it's not closed source. It would be really easy if you knew jass. It's as easy as adding a new 'or' condition to the part where I determine whether the terrain tile under the hero is the sliding terrain type (ice). You can put a second terrain type there.
Basically you add a second Slide variable, let's call it Slide2 and then Change if(t==udg_Slide)then to if(t==udg_Slide)or(t==udg_Slide2)then in the Slide function. Don't forget initializing udg_Slide2 in the Setup2 function! (Copy Slide1 and change it to your second terrain type)
ImageImage

Maxximus

Ok i think i got it right
1 Question...
is "cool realistic sliding mode" good?
whats it do?

if there is a way to make the unit pause (except for dg and brown) on your system would u be happy to tell?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Maxximus wrote:realistic sliding mode?
Turn it on and see for yourself!
Maxximus wrote:pause?
If you would just try thinking about it for a second you would realize that units slide only if they are in the sliding unit group (udg_H). So if you remove them from the group they will not slide anymore. Then t_uni Unit - Pause unit and you are done.

EDIT: Please stop posting unreadable (=messed up grammar), misspelled, and stupid questions. Your above post qualifies for deletion in all three categories. I spared it for now, but next time I won't.
ImageImage

Maxximus

Ha
If that was true, no one on the internet would be able to type anything except for you.

If you think they are stupid questions think again because maybe I don't understand what you mean and stuff.
I am not as pro as you... :ugeek:

manstie
Account: manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Hey! Adding another ice to the list to make it slide is EASY!
And I just figured out how to make one of the ice's not be able to turn as well.
Your system rocks.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Thanks for the bump. This thread was 5 months old! Pay attention please.
ImageImage