How to make "Boosters"/"Jumpers"?

The perfect one step solution for creating Ice/Sliding Mazes in both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. It is the only decent system around and it even works in RoC, is lagfree, perfectly optimized, fast and reliable. The included TerrainKill feature frees you from the tedious task of creating a thousand kill-regions.
manstie
Account: manstie

How to make "Boosters"/"Jumpers"?

Unread post by manstie »

Those things in your Maze Designer, I'd like to know how to do them :)
Or is it too "Private"?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: How to make "Boosters"/"Jumpers"?

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yep.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Well if I can figure out your private 4 ices with different speeds then I can figure out how to make boosters!
(I only really need boosters, I just asked jumpers for interest).

I would have thought that you would want to pass your pwnage down to someone else before you, say... "meet life" in about 2 years time...

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Excuse me, but I have a life.
And I thought "passing down" happens after one's death. I'm still alive so stand back in the line and wait patiently.
(On the event of my death all my maps will be released into public domain with no conditions or protection of any kind.)

Let me give you a few hints on how to make boosters:

You need to turn udg_Speed into an array of reals from 0 to 11.
You need to rewrite my sliding system to use a loop instead of forgroup.
You need to rewrite my sliding system to use udg_Speed instead of udg_Speed.
You need to handle "Unit comes within x of DemonHunter" events and...
...check for condition "Triggering unit == Booster". If it is, then...
...increase udg_Speed[JASS Player Number of Demon Hunter who triggered the booster] by a little...
...then wait a couple seconds and reset it to normal.

Of course this doesn't allow stacking, but I'll have you figure that part out.

EDIT: Jumpers are easy, set the DH's fly height to however high you want them to jump, then set it back to 0.
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Okay forget the boosters then... :lol:

Whats the difference between integer and real?
Random Question: Do you know the maker of the other "Maze Designer" (The one with the 2 builders)?
3ICE wrote:Of course this doesn't allow stacking, but I'll have you figure that part out.
I doubt that I can even make a non stacking booster.
3ICE wrote:EDIT: Jumpers are easy, set the DH's fly height to however high you want them to jump, then set it back to 0.
And this will cancel out the snow killing then while they are flying? (and is it possible in gui?)

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

manstie wrote:Okay forget the boosters then...
Scared of challenge? You won't achieve anything in life.
manstie wrote:Whats the difference between integer and real?
Why do you ask a question that is linked to Google? The answer is in the first result!
Anyway, let me translate that into dummie-talk:
Integers are whole numbers like 5, reals are fractions like 5.55
Integers are faster, because they don't need to use floating point arithmancy all the time.
But reals are necessary when you need the fraction part of them or you want to divide integers: 5 / 3 = 1.666...
If you divided 5 by 3 and asked the computer to return an integer, you would have gotten 1 (or 2) as a result, which is not accurate.
Why the hell is your Google url so ugly? "&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a" is all junk. Learn to clean up URLs! A google search only needs one parameter, the q: "google.com/search?q=search+string+here". And NEVER EVER link to google.au, we are not Australians! Google.com is the standard.
manstie wrote:Do you know the maker of the other "Maze Designer"?
Dashival? Yes, I knew Dashival, but I haven't seen him lately. We were friends for only a few days, because I quickly found lots of memory leaks and really stupid triggering solutions in his map. And of course I told him about my findings, which he probably didn't like. People don't usually take criticism well and I'm exceedingly good at criticizing others. (And I guess he didn't like that I unprotected his map so easily either.)
manstie wrote:I doubt that I can even make a non stacking booster.
I agree. We already discussed that you are scared of challenge.
But you shouldn't be!
manstie wrote:And this will cancel out the snow killing then while they are flying?
them* No, why the hell would it do that? A flying DH is still a DH. Where did you hide your common sense? (In maze designer I added an extra check into my sliding system: If their fly height is more than 0 then don't kill.)
manstie wrote:(and is it possible in gui?)
GUI? Don't make me laugh.
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

3ICE wrote:Scared of challenge? You won't achieve anything in life.
Yea.
3ICE wrote:Why do you ask a question that is linked to Google? The answer is in the first result!
I didn't really understand it, I guess, but then I read it again.
3ICE wrote:Anyway, let me translate that into dummie-talk:
Lame. But also comprehensible for my intellectually challenged mind.
3ICE wrote:Why the hell is your Google url so ugly? "&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a" is all junk. Learn to clean up URLs! A google search only needs one parameter, the q: "google.com/search?q=search+string+here". And NEVER EVER link to google.au, we are not Australians! Google.com is the standard.
It helps you know that I use firefox ;). When you use we, I guess I am excluded from this website, because I am Australian.
3ICE wrote:Dashival? Yes, I knew Dashival, but I haven't seen him lately. We were friends for only a few days, because I quickly found lots of memory leaks and really stupid triggering solutions in his map. And of course I told him about my findings, which he probably didn't like. People don't usually take criticism well and I'm exceedingly good at criticizing others. (And I guess he didn't like that I unprotected his map so easily either.)
Criticism (constructive (I think you meant constructive criticism)), I may usually take their advice, but usually I give up. Just too hard. (Another life-failing factor (of me)) e.g. You tell me to re-do every single trigger in my up-coming map because they have too memory leaks. (God damn a lot of triggers)
3ICE wrote:No, why the hell would it do that? A flying DH is still a DH. Where did you hide your common sense? (In maze designer I added an extra check into my sliding system: If their fly height is more than 0 then don't kill.)
I guess I could add that in. After all I did successfully add more ices.
3ICE wrote:GUI? Don't make me laugh.
I suppose GUI kills you, by what I read when I went to the website: "First map made - Still has GUI in it" (unreleased)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are definitely going to die when/if you see the triggers in my almost-released map. (And maybe the one where I needed your sliding system (I'm working on 2 projects at the moment)).

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

manstie wrote:It helps you know that I use firefox ;).
What? I don't care what browser you use, my site works on any browser. And I already knew you use an LFG-themed firefox 3.0.11 browser. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 (BT-lookingforgroup) Firefox/3.0.11
manstie wrote:When you use we, I guess I am excluded from this website, because I am Australian.
Yes, in that context "we" stands for the rest of this site. But that doesn't mean you are excluded, it just means that you are not supposed to link to .au, because we don't use .au and you must keep to the community standards. Since this is a multilingual community, the only acceptable Google domain is google.com. You don't see me linking to google.hu, do you?
manstie wrote:they have too memory leaks
Hey! Grammar! (And redoing doesn't solve memory leaks, read the tutorial.)
manstie wrote:I suppose GUI kills you, by what I read when I went to the website: "First map made - Still has GUI in it" (unreleased)
What?
manstie wrote:You are definitely going to die when/if you see the triggers in my almost-released map. (And maybe the one where I needed your sliding system (I'm working on 2 projects at the moment)).
It takes a lot more than some stupid triggers to kill me. Try silver bullets!
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

You knowing what theme I am using is just blasphemy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I decided to give it a shot.
Overview of what I know/can do:
3ICE wrote:You need to turn udg_Speed into an array of reals from 0 to 11.
Is that for each players unit? (Can do.)
3ICE wrote:You need to rewrite my sliding system to use a loop instead of forgroup.
I have no idea.
3ICE wrote:You need to rewrite my sliding system to use udg_Speed instead of udg_Speed.
Speed of a players unit?
3ICE wrote:You need to handle "Unit comes within x of DemonHunter" events and...
Can do.
3ICE wrote:...check for condition "Triggering unit == Booster". If it is, then...
Can do.
3ICE wrote:...increase udg_Speed[JASS Player Number of Demon Hunter who triggered the booster] by a little...
What made me realize why it needed to be an array.
3ICE wrote:...then wait a couple seconds and reset it to normal.
Can do.
3ICE wrote:Of course this doesn't allow stacking, but I'll have you figure that part out.
I think I'm onto something...
3ICE wrote:Jumpers are easy, set the DH's fly height to however high you want them to jump, then set it back to 0.
Need to learn what the JASS trigger is for it.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Fly height is available in GUI.
I'm glad you decided to do it.
ImageImage