Speed diffrence on this functions?

The perfect one step solution for creating Ice/Sliding Mazes in both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. It is the only decent system around and it even works in RoC, is lagfree, perfectly optimized, fast and reliable. The included TerrainKill feature frees you from the tedious task of creating a thousand kill-regions.
FaMoUs
Realm: US East
Account: FaMoUs
Clan: AKR

Re: Speed diffrence on this functions?

Unread post by FaMoUs »

Well I can easily resave with SetUnitX and attach it to post if you want.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

I edited the map a bit, placing the demon hunters on the ice right away so all 100 slid together in a big blob.

Edit: And the results are in. (FPS is a terrible way to measure trigger efficiency by the way.)

Original SetUnitX, SetUnitY, "stop": 64 fps, they split in two groups, one lagging behind the other by more than a second.
Removed "stop", kept SetUnitX, SetUnitY: 75 fps, they kept their original formation beautifully. (I prefer this.)
SetUnitPosition: 20 fps, they slide much slower, also split in two groups.
The two together, just for fun: 10 fps, also split in two groups

When they split in two groups it means players are able to grief each other by blocking their "allies" during sliding.

I hope I used the right version for my sliding system... Edit 2: Phew! I did. No update necessary.

Edit 3:
3ICE wrote:Removed "stop", kept SetUnitX, SetUnitY: 75 fps, they kept their original formation beautifully. (I prefer this.)
I prefer this. Guess why that is? Yup, 3ICE's realistic sliding mode! It's my favorite:

Code: Select all

Q: I heard there was a cool realistic mode you invented!
A: Yes, remove the line "call IssueImmediateOrder(u,"stop")" from the "Slide" trigger and let the result amuse you.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

FaMoUs
Realm: US East
Account: FaMoUs
Clan: AKR

Unread post by FaMoUs »

I see glad you test it. Guess I'll keep using setunitx and y.