Last Stand review

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Last Stand review

Unread post by 3ICE »

Originally posted to Steam, but to a dead "wc3 vidya" group:

{LINK REMOVED} ... Why?

What is this, even? A stylesheet link filter?

Edit: Code says <span class="bb_removedlink" data-community-tooltip="The URL that was linked here has been removed by our filters. Usually this is done to prevent phishing and malware attacks.">{LINK REMOVED}</span>
The Cook wrote:Got a new version of Last Stand, if anyone wants to give it a go. Minor update, bug fixes, more sound effects, etc.

{LINK REMOVED}
Anyway I cracked it easily enough. The URL is a typical mediafire link with
/download/y0s9a74wrd20vs5/Last+Stand+at+Tyrs+Hand+v0.6.w3x
to be copy-pasted after the .com

Posting it directly would get {LINK REMOVED}'d of course... Hence the above puzzler.

Edit: Review in replies.
//===========================================================================
//
// The Last Stand
//
// Warcraft III map script
// Generated by the Warcraft III World Editor
// Date: Wed Jun 05 20:03:31 2013
// Map Author: Hell_Master
//
//===========================================================================
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: Last Stand review

Unread post by 3ICE »

Playthrough comments, part 1:
Why can I see the whole map? Nicer to reveal areas as they are unlocked, using regions and visibility modifier triggers.
Chain heal has no hotkey, making healing rather difficult. I'm not used to clicking ability buttons. I press E or T for heals.
Second quest in the chain (40 kills) does not reset kill counter so it actually needs 65 kills total. (As the "undead units killed" text goes.)
Cinematics cannot be skipped and are occasionally slow (edit: as in "too long"). I can sometimes read it three times before it finally cuts to the next scene.
Holy light (at the Trainer) costs wood. We do not get any wood. The other two upgrades are pricey but gold-only so okay.
Wish it (Trainer) wasn't a Footman model though. I tried hotkeying it into my unit group and sending it into battle.
Circle of Power (waygate) is always tricky to use. Units keep going and coming right back.
Save points can be used over and over. Yes, even the full heal by tricking the map triggers.
Cinematic with Vampire Lord (demon) typo: "have already take care of it" missing an "n". taken.
Warrior Will (reincarnation) has no cooldown, making it completely impossible to lose the game. I lost all my footmen but not Sir Zark the Mighty. Ever.
Elder din is rather dim, he says "something to tell of you" There should be no "of" there, grammatically.
Lord Vargas is cool.

Having a lot of fun so far, this is a good single player map.
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: Last Stand review

Unread post by 3ICE »

Part 2:
"Now the game really begins!"
Human NPC forces can be slaughtered. (Knights, villagers, women, even kids.) They should be invulnerable or something, for RP reasons.

Quizmaster is awful. My hero is permanently stuck, no way to exit. Also the questions are not quiz-worthy. I don't know the name of generic villain #1, it wasn't that important or notable.

There should be:
Hints after a while / couple wrong guesses
A way to exit the quiz (seriously!)
Limited amount of tries per question so I'm not stuck guessing forever.

Here are all the answers if you want to get out of being stuck:
Spoiler:
set udg_Quiz_Question[1] = "Who is the leader of the Undead Army that attacked your land?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[1] = "Death Lord"
set udg_Quiz_Question[2] = "Who is the one who guided you and gave you knowledge about the great artifacts?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[2] = "Elder Din"
set udg_Quiz_Question[3] = "Who is the first Undead Boss you have fought?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[3] = "Vampire Lord"
set udg_Quiz_Question[4] = "What Artifact that gives the ability Presence?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[4] = "Rune of the Extreme"
set udg_Quiz_Question[5] = "Who is the first Undead Boss you have fought?"
set udg_Quiz_Answer[5] = "Vampire Lord"
Also, why on earth is the entire quiz case sensitive? I cannot type "stone of great strength", it must be "Stone of Great Strength"...
Also I'd much rather answer "sogs", abbreviated. (The above is not an actual answer to any quiz question. No spoilers necessary.)
Then, just for fun (and exploiting the rewards) I re-took the quiz...
(null) BIG MISTAKE! (null) No answers (null) are valid. (null)
Had to kill off my hero to get out... (Took a while, as I built defensively with max devotion aura (8+3 armor, 40% damage reduction, 1200 HP, good regeneration, and only had one unit attacking average attack speed, 19-27 damage)
My hero did NOT revive. (So lowly Sir Zark the Mighty is immortal, but the main hero is not?)
Hoofed it back to a save point, that did not resurrect me either. What's the point then?
This concludes my play test. I am NOT soloing the rest with just Sir Zark the Mighty. He can't even pick up the three stones.
"Now the game ends."
ImageImage