Ice Rink v1.03 (Scrapping)(Taking suggestions)

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
samtre

Re: Ice Rink v1.1 Bot/Botless

Unread post by samtre »

If just 1 bigger rink i don't really think it's ok, because i only need a small arena, if the arena is too big, they have to run around and keep on searching. So atleast they have 2 rinks they can select smaller ones.

Ya, me too, i still don't get why the ai-less map is bigger than the one with AI....(ok, i found out that problem, read the first post)

I made a few changed with the revival trigger.
t_eve Events
t_uni Unit - A unit Dies
t_co Conditions
t_if (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (==) Ice Skater (Normal)
t_act Actions
t_wai Wait 5.00 seconds
if (Rink1) contains (Triggering Unit)
t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in Rink 1<gen>), Show revival graphics
else do nothing
if (Rink2) contains (Triggering Unit)
t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in Rink 2<gen>), Show revival graphics
else do nothing

I find that somehow it works.......

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Ice Rink v1.11 Bot/Botless

Unread post by 3ICE »

That protect map thing in WEU did not work at all by the way. I was able to open edit and save your map.

An important thing you need to learn: t_all Do nothing is NOT NEEDED. Please go through all your triggers and delete all occurrences of t_all Do nothing.

Monster Kill is in the wrong category.

Your current rez trigger is:
Reviving Reviving
     t_eve Events t_uni Unit - A unit Dies t_co Conditions t_act Actions t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) t_co If - Conditions t_if (Rink1 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True t_act Then - Actions t_wai Wait 5.00 seconds t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in RevivalSpot1 <gen>), Show revival graphics t_act Else - Actions t_all Do nothing t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) t_co If - Conditions t_if (Rink2 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True t_act Then - Actions t_wai Wait 5.00 seconds t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in RevivalSpot2 <gen>), Show revival graphics t_act Else - Actions t_all Do nothing
It should be:
Reviving Reviving
     t_eve Events t_uni Unit - A unit Dies t_co Conditions t_if (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ice Skater (Normal) t_act Actions t_wai Wait 5.00 seconds t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) t_co If - Conditions t_if (Rink1 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True t_act Then - Actions t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in RevivalSpot1 <gen>), Show revival graphics t_act Else - Actions t_if If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) t_co If - Conditions t_if (Rink2 <gen> contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True t_act Then - Actions t_her Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Random point in RevivalSpot2 <gen>), Show revival graphics t_act Else - Actions
When you are comparing numbers like 1, 2, 7, 10, etc, use integer comparison. (It works with real comparison too, but integers are logical and faster) (eg. Rink Selection trigger is using reals instead of integers.)

Thanks for the link on the loading screen.

The terrain is really good.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

Changed what you told, do i need to add more rinks, but i don't know how to design them....

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

2 rinks are enough, but if you have more ideas add them.

EDIT: By the way my Sliding System was updated, grab the newest version from http://www.3ice.hu/blog/3ice-sliding-system-for-roc-v3/
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

What's new?

Hey, when i'm updating the map, saving it, it showed an error which is not shown.....

Line 440: Expected End of Line

set gg_rct_ImIDR2Glaive = Rect( 9024.0, -192.0, 9408.0, 192.0 )
set gg_rct_RevivalSpot2 = Rect( 6656.0, -2560.0, 11776.0, 2560.0 )
endfunction

//***************************************************************************
//*
//* Custom Script Code
//*

<---Line 440--->
for RoC an
//*
//* Triggers
//*

Crap! I just made some changes and saved it, now i can't turn it on anymore.......
and i don't know why, i made the map with a lot of extra triggers and terrain, the map file is somehow smaller.......
that error made me can't test my map~~~
the error above happened when i deleted all the t_act Do Nothing

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Do Nothing is Image and not Image.

You have something in your Custom Script section that wasn't supposed to be there. That caused that error. Delete it and the error will go away.

Post code in code tags:

Code: Select all

[code]
[/code]

EDIT:
samtre wrote:What's new?
I don't have a changelog, but I fixed a few bugs, fox example 'Nice' is no longer hardcoded into the Steer trigger, improved some comments (the lines starting with //), fixed two spelling mistakes and removed two local variables to win 0.0001 seconds every cycle.
Last edited by 3ICE on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added image (http://static.3ice.hu/images/CustomScriptCode.jpg)
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

THANK YOU!

made some more changes to the map but the map size decreased from 600kb to 300+kb, and no optimizer used.......

Is there a way to control an illusion using trigger?

EDIT: My rune problem is fixed, i used variable to optimize the rune triggers and it worked like a charm.

samtre

Re: Ice Rink [Need Final Help]

Unread post by samtre »

please help

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

With what exactly?
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

with the AI, i think i fixed it...... i just need help with the collision with runes and take it
can i have multiple events in a trigger but triggers when any 1 of the events occur?