I_H8_U_M8's Blood Lust Arena

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
I_H8_U_M8

Re: I_H8_U_M8's Blood Lust Arena

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

I have finally finished my first full version of blood dust arena!
To download go here: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/78317/

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

And already 1000+ downloads :)

EDIT:
  • I wouldn't have touched the war3mapMap.blp file. Importing a new war3mapPreview.tga is a lot better, in most cases. (So people can still use a real minimap ingame) (Deleting the blp will fix it the next time you save the map.)
  • Why do you display the same tip in four separate actions? "Group 1" + "2" + "3" + "4" add together as "(All Players)". (The nested ifs look great though :). Done perfectly.) EDIT: Same thing for the "Gold fall on" trigger: simply sway and shake the camera for "(All Players)", not 4 groups. (Those numbers are insane. Did you test how the effect looks? I bet it hurts.)
  • Instead of turning on a trigger that is ran every sec but disables itself instantly, simply run the trigger once. (No event, no condition in the trigger and use "Trigger - Run" to call it) four triggers are affected: Victory Team 1 2 3 and 4
  • The Remove Hostile trigger is already handling spawn removal, so Victory Team 1 2 3 and 4 don't need to do it again.
  • Any specific reason why the Initialization category is almost at the bottom?
  • "THE FIRST TOO 500 WINS!" <== Check my signature then remove an "O". (Setup trigger, bottom)
  • You seriously don't want to waste any cpu cycles at these:
    Bad trigger Bad trigger
    t_eve = t_tim Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time t_act = t_lea Multiboard - Set the text for Multiscoreboard item in column 1, row 1 to Team 1 t_act = t_lea Multiboard - Set the text for Multiscoreboard item in column 1, row 2 to Team 2 t_act = t_lea Multiboard - Set the text for Multiscoreboard item in column 1, row 3 to Team 3 t_act = t_lea Multiboard - Set the text for Multiscoreboard item in column 1, row 4 to Team 4
    Remove them! (It's in the Refresh trigger.) (The last action is useless waste too.)
  • Change back runs for every unit you spawn - causes lag. Add a wait and a make unit vulnerable to all 4 teleport triggers. Also, why are you even doing the invulnerability thing? It lasts for less than 0.0000001 seconds! Totally pointless imho.
  • Change
    Bad trigger Bad trigger
    t_ugr Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Shops Team1 <gen> owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions) t_act Loop - Actions t_uni Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
    To
    Good trigger Good trigger
    t_ugr Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions) t_act Loop - Actions t_uni Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
    This will ensure that your shops are removed and also save you 3 actions per trigger. (In "Turn on")
  • And sorry for ruining your "I'm finally finished!" feeling. Truth is, we can never truly finish a map. There is always something to fix/polish/balance.
Last edited by 3ICE on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added notes
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

I_H8_U_M8 wrote:I have finally finished my first full version of blood dust arena!
Never said I was done just the version ;p;
3ICE wrote:Change Bad trigger Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Shops Team1 <gen> owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions) Loop - Actions Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the gameTo Good trigger Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions) Loop - Actions Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Yea I know that... BUT I didn't want to delet the shop in the center.
3ICE wrote:Why do you display the same tip in four separate actions? "Group 1" + "2" + "3" + "4" add together as "(All Players)". (The nested ifs look great though . Done perfectly.) EDIT: Same thing for the "Gold fall on" trigger: simply sway and shake the camera for "(All Players)", not 4 groups. (Those numbers are insane. Did you test how the effect looks? I bet it hurts.)
All players does not work Because I used add player for the group then remove player from all players. Also yea I know they are crazy numbers but I Like it crazy for the cheat :twisted: Did you do the cheat?
3ICE wrote:The Remove Hostile trigger is already handling spawn removal, so Victory Team 1 2 3 and 4 don't need to do it again.
Yes I know it wasn't nessisary but I was too lazy to delet it :P
3ICE wrote:I wouldn't have touched the war3mapMap.blp file. Importing a new war3mapPreview.tga is a lot better, in most cases. (So people can still use a real minimap ingame) (Deleting the blp will fix it the next time you save the map.)
Ya I saw that I had made an ERROR with the minimap but I accually like no mini map and when my friend came over to try the map he had agreed. Also yea stopped at 1000... I hate people who are uploading crappy maps that are rip offs of others maps...(:P I Took your change name idea!"Change Name" is the command).Lastly did you check the AI? Like was thier any prolems?

Last edited by 3ICE on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: I just removed some enters after the quotes and added some before them. Hope you don't mind.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

The war3mapMap.blp file is not an error but a feature. (Allows you to change the ingame minimap by rewriting it with your own minimap)
I often redraw some parts of my minimaps by importing an edited war3mapMap.blp because I need to fix some problems like:
The editor doesn't save most of the thin lines of map boundary I place.
Standalone trees are shown as huge darkgreen dots which is not pleasing to the eye.

I can't playtest your map until Monday. (I'm out of town atm, for 4 days) I will post things about the AI when I come back.

EDIT: Playtesting shows that there are a lot of bugs, but the AI seems to work. (I won with 500 points after half a minute though.) Try disabling all debug triggers before you release a map :)
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

yea I saw that when I tested it online but it was too late...
Attachments
I_H8_U_M8s Blood Dust Arena.w3x
Fixed some problems
(210.09 KiB) Downloaded 485 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I have 900mb storage space left. We are doing good. :) (And I already have plans for a script that automatically moves all data to a free file hosting site once we get critically close to the storage limit.)

I like how the map was 50kb at first, and now it's suddenly 2000kb.
Will test in a few minutes...
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

???????????????????????????????????????
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
3ICE wrote:I like how the map was 50kb at first, and now it's suddenly 2000kb.
Will test in a few minutes...
It's only 200 kb and the map picture is only 40 kb.
???????????????????????????????????????

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Sorry, an extra zero slipped in. Common typo.

Your love for the "?" key is too much. EDIT: Same for the CapsLock key.
Last edited by 3ICE on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ...
ImageImage