Blademasters of Chaos and Orc

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
samtre

Blademaster vs Chaos Blademaster

Unread post by samtre »

Yea, tried it, and i found out the the map i was about to make will take a long time to make, the triggers for control points at that... so i changed it to Blademaster vs Chaos Blademaster, original and chaos.

I think i have placed the pause trigger at the wrong line.

Code: Select all

Swordstep
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ChanceonSwitch Less than or equal to ((Level of Swordstep  for (Attacking unit)) x 8)
                        (Owner of (Attacked unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Attacking unit))
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Pause (Attacked unit)
                        Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
                        Unit - Move (Attacking unit) instantly to (Position of (Attacked unit))
                        Unit - Move (Attacked unit) instantly to (Position of (Attacking unit))
                        Animation - Play (Attacking unit)'s attack animation
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) - ((Real((Level of Swordstep  for (Attacking unit)))) x 16.00))
                        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String(((Level of Swordstep  for (Attacking unit)) x 16))) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 30.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
                        Unit - Unpause (Attacked unit)
                        Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
                        Wait 1.00 seconds
                        Animation - Reset (Attacking unit)'s animation
I think there is a problem with the blade dance skill.

Code: Select all

Blade Dance
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Blade Dance (Ultimate)
    Actions
        Set Real = 0.00
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 sworddummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 500.00 towards Real degrees) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
                Unit - Set level of dummyBladestorm  for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blade Dance (Ultimate) for (Casting unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Position of (Casting unit))
                Unit - Add a 5.00 second Healing Ward expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Set Real = (Real + (360.00 / 6.00))
Last edited by 3ICE on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put triggers in [code] tags if you are too lazy to build [trigger] tags.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Blademaster vs Chaos Blademaster

Unread post by 3ICE »

samtre wrote:I think there is a problem with the blade dance skill.
More info please.

Here are two things I noticed:
  • Why are you using "Healing Ward expiration timer" where there is "Generic expiration timer"? That one should be used for all spells. (You also had "Summoned Unit expiration timer" in a previous version.)
  • (360.00 / 6.00) is plain 60. Don't calculate the same constant over and over in a loop.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

samtre

Re: Blademasters of Chaos and Orc

Unread post by samtre »

changed, check the newer uploaded file, i added a few skills, but there might be a problem for some of them.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

I fixed Blade Dance by replacing (Casting Unit) with a variable.
I guess it's the same fix to Omnislash, didn't try that1 though. (And 1.00 second is way too slow. Use 0.30!)
And Dash Strike wasn't even added to the Blademaster... That's why it didn't work.
After adding it to the hero, it became a laggy version of Blink. Same fix as above, replace (Casting unit) with a variable.

first line of the trigger: t_set Set Casting_Unit=(Casting unit)
then replace every (Casting unit) with Casting_Unit

Don't ask why such bug exists in the editor :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

ya, i still don't know why it needed a variable.

the Dash Strike is actually a spell based on Channel, i added the skill to the hero but it did not show the icon. So i replaced it with Far Sight, i needed blink for another spell. blink!
The only problem is the dummy unit for Dash strike won't cast the war stomp skill.

and thanks, it works!(again)

Edit: Ok, the omnislash works now, replaced the Dash Strike to be based on Impale, i just don't know how to create the dash effect.
Edit: I created Counter Helix from Axe, i finally made it to only attack enemy units, not friendly too.