Blademasters of Chaos and Orc

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
samtre

Blademasters of Chaos and Orc

Unread post by samtre »

Ok, so the map Territory Wars can't work out.
Reason: Control Point trigger problem, The whole map problem

So i created another map, a battle between the chaos blademasters and the original blademasters.
Created Omnislash (Finally works!), Blade Dance, Swordstep, Berserk(increase swordstep chances), Blink Strike, Critical Strike (Also multiples Swordstep damage).
Created Counter Helix, YAY!
Give me some more ideas for blademaster skills, really needed them.

Added Lightning Rush. Stuns surrounding enemy units, creating lightnings bolts shooting out from every direction, dealing 325,650,1000 damage.

please help!
Attachments
ertmaS_BladeChaosOrc.w3x
(272.05 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Last edited by samtre on Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:02 am, edited 11 times in total.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Territory Wars

Unread post by 3ICE »

First copy everything over to a new map.
Then start debugging your triggers:
Add t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass1 after every action in every trigger, increasing 1 every time. Example:
Melee Initialization (You forgot to change this trigger name!) Melee Initialization (You forgot to change this trigger name!)
     t_eve Events t_tim Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds t_co Conditions t_act Actions t_mel Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players) t_pla Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 50000 t_pla Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to 50000 t_lea Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Task: Gang Leaders with the description Place your operatio..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp t_lea Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Task: Necromancers with the description Place your operatio..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp t_pla Player - Set name of Neutral Hostile to City Guards t_vis Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
to
Melee Initialization (You forgot to change this trigger name!) Melee Initialization (You forgot to change this trigger name!)
     t_eve Events t_tim Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds t_co Conditions t_act Actions t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass0 t_mel Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players) t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass1 t_pla Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current gold to 50000 t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass2 t_pla Player - Set Player 1 (Red) Current lumber to 50000 t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass3 t_lea Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Task: Gang Leaders with the description Place your operatio..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass4 t_lea Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Task: Necromancers with the description Place your operatio..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBandit.blp t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass5 t_pla Player - Set name of Neutral Hostile to City Guards t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass6 t_vis Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area) t_gam Game - Display to (All players) the text: pass7
This helps you find the bugged action and then you can examine and fix it. (The error occurs in the trigger action that is after the last received pass message. (Eg: you see pass4 last, the problem is with the quest creation)
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

tried, everything failed, every trigger in my map won't work......

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

All triggers work for me. I copied them to a new map and they ran fine.
You need to remake your map, the problem is not with your triggers. It's a bug in the World Editor. Creating a new map fixes it.
(This bug happened to me two times while working on Maze Designer. I didn't find out why it happens, but the only solution is copying everything over to a new map.)
Last edited by 3ICE on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: happened to me before
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

ok.....but is there a faster way i could do it? (lazy)
Edit: Ok, found a way... export all objects data.........zzz

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

You can select all units → copy → paste.
You can select all doodads → copy → paste.
You can select the entire map (terrain) → copy → paste.
You can select trigger categories one by one → copy → paste.
You can select the loading screen text → copy → paste.
You can export all object data → import.
You can export strings → import.
You can export gameplay constants → import.

Imported files aren't this simple. You have to export them one by one and then import.
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

ok, the whole editor is crap right now...... exported/imported, and still same thing...... There is really something wrong with the triggers......... Oh and tell me how you think of the trigger skills i made for the blademaster ^^.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

samtre wrote:Oh and tell me how you think of the trigger skills i made for the blademaster ^^.
Lots of negative things:
3ICE wrote:t_if ((Attacked unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False ← misplaced, should be in the trigger conditions. If you fix this you will be able to get rid of a whole if block.
3ICE wrote:t_set Set AttackedUnit = (Attacked unit) and t_set Set AttackingUnit = (Attacking unit) ← You are basically destroying your ability's MUI-ness by these. Completely useless too.
3ICE wrote:t_uni Unit - Remove Wind Walk buff from AttackingUnit ← When the unit attacks, it automatically loses the Wind Walk buff. So this is useless.
3ICE wrote:t_ani Animation - Play AttackingUnit's attack animation ← It is already playing... (Because you forgot to PAUSE the two units → They start fighting again!)
3ICE wrote:t_uni Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off ← It already has locust...
also
3ICE wrote:I like how you allow the spell to be casted on allies without damage. It's nice.
3ICE wrote:Why are you setting all those variables? (AttackingUnit, AttackedUnit, tempPointAttacked, tempPointAttacking, Caster, Castloc) All they do is leak more memory!
3ICE wrote:
CapturePointsCaptured wrote:0 = Free 1 = Captured
Use true/false for that. A lot faster than integers and uses less memory.
ImageImage

samtre

Unread post by samtre »

i'm trying to make the Wind Walk effect disappear when [40%/100%] chance when attack to break invisibility to deal extra damage.
And for the attack animation, without it, it would just switch position with the attacked unit but never showing he has been attacked.
Like when 1 unit is attacked, it will show atleast an attack animation of the attacking unit.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Did you read this part?
3ICE wrote:you forgot to PAUSE the two units → They start fighting again!
ImageImage