Siege of Mankind 5.6

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
willydawiller

Siege of Mankind 5.6

Unread post by willydawiller »

A simulation of how a siege perhaps could take place in medieval times, with some extra thingies like orcs and mortars and a minigame, all those things you just know that existed back then 1000 years ago,

-contains a cinematic start

-probably very hard on the first time

-most people probably dont like this kind of maps

-allmost impossible to win for humans if they build no walls

units are very balanced.
Does sometimes cause server split for some unknown reason.

-minigame can be called by saying "-last outpost" without the marks " "

a strategy guide,
humans make loads of walls so they leave no opening around the castle, and make squires for a start later armored citizens and some ranged units of your own choice.

orcs make any units you like i prefer the "grunt" type warriors and uppgraded warriors, and siege ladders perhaps war huts if you need them, most importantly make siege ladders 2-5 and move them close to the cliffs then you can walk up there to destroy the walls
Attachments
Siege of Mankind 5.6 protected.w3m
(233.13 KiB) Downloaded 684 times

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Siege of Mankind 5.6

Unread post by 3ICE »

Unoriginal and boring map with loads of bugs and no fun. I'd trash it and make something else, but if you want to try finishing it just say so and we'll help.

p.s.: The map wasn't even protected properly. I don't understand why would you protect it anyway. There is nothing valuable inside.
To learn how to protect a map for real, click: http://www.3ice.hu/blog/protect-warcraft-maps/
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

willydawiller

3ICE wrote:Unoriginal and boring map with loads of bugs and no fun. I'd trash it and make something else, but if you want to try finishing it just say so and we'll help.

p.s.: The map wasn't even protected properly. I don't understand why would you protect it anyway. There is nothing valuable inside.
To learn how to protect a map for real, click: http://www.3ice.hu/blog/protect-warcraft-maps/
willydawiller wrote:-probably very hard on the first time
-most people probably dont like this kind of maps
thats called self explanatory :D

and the map is just enough protected to make sure a newly started mapmaker cant take it as his own

only bug i know of is the serversplit that sometimes happens, i sent a private message to you about that but i think
it got stuck somewhere :ugeek:

=edit= how many siege maps have you seen that strive for realism?
Last edited by willydawiller on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Your map is anything but realistic.
I've seen a couple siege maps before. They were fun. Yours is very much like them, except they were more "finished".
willydawiller wrote:thats called self explanatory
No, siege maps are cool. But yours isn't near yet.
willydawiller wrote:and the map is just enough protected
Yeah, but think of the map size you could save by properly locking that map.
willydawiller wrote:take it as his own
Nobody would do that. Thieves are not to be confused with garbagemen. They only steal what's valuable.
willydawiller wrote:i sent a private message to you about that but i think it got stuck somewhere
You sent two messages actually. And I wonder why? (They were the same, except the second one was an fwd copy of the first.)
willydawiller wrote:how many siege maps have you seen that strive for realism?
A lot. But what's realism to you? Because that map doesn't reflect medieval warfare at all. It looks more like armies consisting of only 10 men, shooting arrows and swinging swords at each other without any sign of damage taken. How come nobody ever misses? And why can we see as much as ten arrows sticking out of a poor unarmored man, before he'd take notice that he's been shot and die on the spot? He should have fallen from the first arrow through his chest and then bleed out within a few seconds. That's how medieval wars work. Additionally, a medieval battle would have hundreds of thousands of men instead of just 10. And each regiment would be lead by a hero or at least a special unit with an aura. Read Medieval warfare on wikipedia and check your history books.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

willydawiller

the map is only half made (0.5.6) ,i quit working on it after that the serversplits began,
and i'w started on a new map so i'll probably bury this somewhere, unless someone wants it

you remind me of a guy i knew, he was an asshole :D (no offence)
only dífference is that he hates roc and would never make a map there.

gonna end this debate now before it becomes hostile ;)