2009 Maze [1.06]

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)

Rating

Not My Thing
No votes
It sucks
71%
Incomplete
No votes
Bad
No votes
One Of the Best
29%

Total votes: 7

AvtoRiteT
Account: DreJunior
Clan: 3ICE

2009 Maze [1.06]

Unread post by AvtoRiteT »

Hi,

i would apreciate if you people would comment this map
it hasn't bin hosted alot so i don't get alot of response

t_tri Download Link
http://epicwar.com/maps/79721

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE

Re: 2009 Maze [1.06]

Unread post by 3ICE »

You didn't protect it properly. http://www.3ice.hu/blog/protect-warcraft-maps/

EDIT:
  1. The custom terrain (City_Dirt.blp) is PINK! Hurts the eye, looks really bad and should have been omitted. If you are into girly stuff put flowers and "AVT" on lordaeron grass instead. At least that'd look nice(r).
  2. Things are way out of sync. For example I had to wait 5 minutes for the second pair of tanks to let me pass safely. (I wasted a lot of time earlier so they managed to catch up with each other)
  3. You used 908 kill regions! That is very inefficient and at some places sloppy. Two examples: s1 s2
  4. Lives system is broken, we shouldn't respawn then lose, we should simply lose without that extra (-1 lives left) respawn.
  5. Purple leaderboard color is barely visible, use red or yellow instead.
  6. Checkpoint1 bird part is annoying and forces a lot of waiting on the players. Game flow is crippled here!
  7. Your collision sizes are all wrong - it should be 0.00 not 10 and 15.
  8. Movement type - Fly looks bad, why isn't walk good for you?
  9. 'Rock Dude' is a custom unit. Why?
  10. Circle of power collision size was fine, don't change it.
  11. None of your sounds work, what's the point of having them around?
  12. The "AvtoRiteT Player" trigger, pausing the same unit every 0.01 seconds causes lag and it is useless.
  13. Creating a quest has nothing to do with Vision, and "Vis" is a pointless trigger because it belongs to "init" anyway.
  14. Checking for leavers every second and re-removing them is inefficient, causes lag and isn't the proper way of doing it. Watch the Player Leaves event instead!
  15. -kill is an undocumented command.
  16. What's the point of pausing and then killing the heroes? A simple kill is sufficient. (checkpoints)
  17. Spin1 and Spin2 are heavily memory leaking. Your map will crash before players could win. EDIT: The rest of the spins suffer from the same problem.
  18. All of the Ice Activation and Ice Deactivation triggers are better split* into one trigger/player style. Massing IF is never a good idea. EDIT: Same for Slow ~.
  19. Jump3 is painful to look at, fix by splitting*. EDIT: Same for all other Jump triggers I guess.
  20. Sliding death needs a good split* too. EDIT: Same for Slow ~.
  21. Leaderboard r is pointless, update in the Continue trigger instead. EDIT: And in ContinueAdd
* Hey, at least you can brag about having 3141592653 triggers in your map. Most people will think its cool, of course they don't know anything about map making and the memory cost of triggers.

22. Sliding is the biggest problem you have right now, it memory leaks more than everything above, combined. Nobody will ever beat your maze, because memory leaks are too severe. A crash will occur before the 15min mark.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

manstie
Account: manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Somehow that doesn't sound like constructive criticism. Especially the part where you used irony.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Stop bumping!

p.s.: Can't you see the guy only has one post? He just spammed my forum with his crappy map advertisement then left without saying a word. I bet he didn't even read my suggestions.

EDIT: Nobody said it was constructive... And I'm pretty good at destructive criticism too, you can ask anyone. ;)

EDIT2: I rechecked everything I said above and there is nothing wrong with any of my points. Could you mark or list specific parts or points you don't agree with? Please also mark all the negative stuff you found so I can apologize. (And maybe also edit my first post so nobody will have to see the negative stuff again.) I need you to point out my mistakes to me, because I can't see any. Thanks.

EDIT3: Of course further posts here don't count as bumping and are perfectly okay.

EDIT4: I love irony. It is a great tool against idiots, noobs, aggorant people, flamers, lamers, leechers, etc. And the best thing about it is that not many people can understand it fully.
ImageImage

manstie
Account: manstie

Unread post by manstie »

How are you deprotecting maps yet able to view the regions? :?: :!:
Oh my god, looking at his first post makes my eyes burn!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

You didn't answer any of my questions, yet you expect me to answer yours. How come?

And like I said, his map was not protected properly. The region data was left in the map, so I simply extracted it. If the map was really protected, I wouldn't have bothered to check the regions, because it is a lot of work to get them back. And I mean a lot.
ImageImage

Thurst4blood
Account: Thurst4blood

Unread post by Thurst4blood »

How exactly did you manage to view his map? I would love to know :).
PS: Can i have unprot version, just to see why he so many triggers.
Last edited by 3ICE on Thu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rm huge useless quote

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

3ICE wrote:like I said, his map was not protected properly
ImageImage

Thurst4blood
Account: Thurst4blood

Unread post by Thurst4blood »

3ICE i have deprotect tools, it's just I don't know what to extract and delete, Please can I have some help? :)

It would be lovely if you helped. :P

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

ImageImage