Mnopoly v2.1c

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
manstie
Account: manstie

Mnopoly v2.1c

Unread post by manstie »

My first biggest project.

Image v2.1c

Thank you to all those on The Hive Workshop for the models for the game pieces. I thank a friend for helping me with a trigger, which I was clueless about, and I thank another friend who tested the map with me.

As many people know, this is the classic board game; Monopoly.
Yes, it says Mnopoly, but the name is changed for legal reasons.

I have added in game modes for a twist:

Free Parking - If someone pays taxes via Income/Luxury tax or Chance/Community Chest, the money will go to the middle and when someone lands on Free Parking, they get all the money.

Double Land - When a player LANDS on GO, they will receive double the money (400 instead of 200).

Custom Starting Money - Choose to start with 1000, 1500 or 2000 dollars.

No Mortgaging - Disallowing mortgaging throughout the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who haven't played Monopoly before:

Pick a piece then roll the dice to move around the board. Land on a property to be able to buy it, but if owned by another player, pay the rent. Buy properties, get the sets and put houses on them to gain money when people land on your property. Sell the houses and mortgage the properties to be able to pay rent cost of the property owned by the other players. If you go bankrupt, you lose. Last person standing wins!

This is also stated in the Loading Screen.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many bugs have been stated and fixed, and I hesitated to post my map here because of all the shit that I would get from 3ICE, lol. *Hopefully* this version is the one with no bugs.

Download:
The Hive Workshop
Epicwar
Last edited by manstie on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 am, edited 16 times in total.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Mnopoly v1.7d

Unread post by 3ICE »

Awesome. I'm not going to be able to do much with a protected version though, so here's a basic gameplay review:
  • Mnopoly v1.0 by Manstie - missing an "o" in gameplay constants.
  • There is no single player.
  • The game starts too slow. - Waiting 30 seconds without a timer window is confusing.
    Hesitant people need a lot more time than 30 seconds to choose a piece.
    The best option would be to give us 3-5 seconds to pick, then assign a random piece to the hesitant players.
  • To be continued...
Last edited by 3ICE on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added to review.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Lol, that was a fast reply.
EDIT: Oh shit found a bug better fix fast!
BTW: You can't solo the map.
Last edited by manstie on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I have it set up so that I get an email the instant someone posts.

My emails are checked by a program every 10 seconds.

It takes 5 seconds to open gmail if my browser is closed.

It takes 1 minute to type a reply and triple check it for spelling and grammar.
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

Not missing an O... The game was named Mnopoly for legal reasons. But thanks to tell me that the version on the gameplay constants was incorrect.

3ICE
Admin

Re: Mnopoly v1.8

Unread post by 3ICE »

I like the name. :)
Review continued:
  • You misspelled paid as "payed" on many occasions.
  • -reselect is fail, make the useless buildings visible in the middle, or better yet, put those Yes/No buttons on the pieces themselves. No need for massing dummy units when it can be solved in an easier way.
  • The "steps" are occurring too slow. I don't want to wait while a player goes ahead 12 squares... Make it instant-fast or adjustable.
  • Once a player leaves, everything goes crazy: more than one player gets "Your turn" at the same time, so two players can throw the dice at the same time, land on the same field and buy the same property - faster clicker wins.
  • Player3 has left the game. So it is only logical that Player2 will pay the price of a property which is then given to Player1, then Player2 will pay a fee for stepping on Player1's property. Then Player2 goes through the starting field and earns $400 for Player1. Other unfair bugs like this then make Player2 leave, crying...
  • To be continued...
Last edited by 3ICE on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: colored and bolded player numbers
ImageImage

manstie

Re: Mnopoly v2.1

Unread post by manstie »

Updated.

Well it's kind of hard to stop everything when a player leaves and expect it to be nice and happy even though it was their piece that was moving at the time...
All I can do is stress to people to not to leave when they are moving or something between them and a property is being processed.

About the mis-spelling of "payed"... I found that out when someone pointed it out to me in-game... there was a loud noise in my house that day, which included the sounds of the letters: F, U, C and K with an ! following aside it.

I just fixed the mis-spelling of paid and what you described before, are sub-bugs that are caused from 1 bug being caused. I hopefully have them all fixed, and I changed the Yes/No skills to the pieces.

3ICE
Admin

Re: Mnopoly v2.1

Unread post by 3ICE »

manstie wrote:Well it's kind of hard to stop everything when a player leaves and expect it to be nice and happy even though it was their piece that was moving at the time...
All I can do is stress to people to not to leave when they are moving or something between them and a property is being processed.
Not hard at all.
manstie wrote:I just fixed the mis-spelling of paid and what you described before, are sub-bugs that are caused from 1 bug being caused. I hopefully have them all fixed, and I changed the Yes/No skills to the pieces.
Pro.
ImageImage

manstie

Re: Mnopoly v2.1b

Unread post by manstie »

3ICE wrote:Pro.
Me!? Or... are you being sarcastic?

3ICE
Admin