Freeze Tag Elite v1.78

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
P2P

Freeze Tag Elite v1.78

Unread post by P2P »

This is a completely finished Freeze Tag map. It also has something new in it, a Ranged BETA. I plan on perfecting the Ranged BETA.
I also am going to add a 'Warped' mode with weird triggers such as:
1. The Jump Trigger by pressing 'ESC'.
2. Hidden teleports within the map.
and
3. Speed boosts and such for not being frozen after so many rounds.

If anybody tests this map, I would love to here of bugs.
I would also love some suggestions for my 'Warped' mode.
Attachments
Freeze Tag Elite -Opt.w3m
Optimized to lower file, have any questions ask me.
(206.76 KiB) Downloaded 768 times

P2P

Re: Freeze Tag Elite v1.78

Unread post by P2P »

Oh, 3ICE, I found a bug after I posted. After every game red's scorecard is higher than everybody elses. How do I fix it?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Are you testing me? Posting a protected map then asking me to fix it. Well, you sir are in luck! Because no protection can stop me.

Solution:
Don't use a wisp to select the unit type. That's the main culprit. Red and green get +1 extra unit that corrupts the sorting.

And here is a tip to avoid the hundreds of points given for every round: Use heroes instead of regular units. You can revive the heroes instead of removing and creating a new set of units every round. Reviving doesn't affect the scoreboard. And CreateNUnitsAtLocFacingLoc() is an ugly function! ReviveHero() is much nicer.

In freeze tag, the scoreboard should only have one column that isn't 0 and thats the resources column. EDIT: To clarify, in freeze tag every column should be zero, except the resources column. Gold=freezes, lumber=thaws, total score=freezes+thaws. Having a total score of 300 after 5 rounds is messy. I'd much rather have a score of 5. (For a 5-0 win.) Conclusion: Stop creating units, use heroes.

p.s.: The minimap is bad! You could "draw" a custom one or stop using SetCameraBoundsToRectForPlayer().
(I had trouble finding the enemy base, I tried using the minimap.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

P2P

Unread post by P2P »

I don't have the kind of time anymore to change triggers and units to heros cause I make everything custom so it is better. Isn't there any other to fix the scorecard? In other freeze tags they use units and the scorecards are fine.
How do I add a custom minimap without it being The Frozen Throne map?

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Google
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage