Unnamed RPG

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
Candlejack
Realm: US East
Account: WaffleFace
Clan: TMMM

Re: Unnamed RPG

Unread post by Candlejack »

I'm not feeling very creative at the moment and have no idea what the next "area" should be. Or maybe I could start working on a Dungeon system. Or the heroes.. Because they suck.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Or just rig up a quick draft of this anti AFK system you we spoke of.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Candlejack

It would be cool to do a global quest type thing but I have no idea how I would start implementing it.

I think having a global quest that each player picks up individually would cause a lot of conflicts in the triggers.

Such as how many units need to be killed for the quest to be completed.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Keep it at a flat 8 and make it non-repeatable (once per game hosted). Improves replayability, solves headaches.
ImageImage

Candlejack

That would be good and dandy but if 6 people were playing the game they would each kill like one guy before the quest was completed. But on the other hand if i made the requirement 48 kills well.. What if only 2 people were playing?
I just need to play around with a trigger until I can figure out a way to get it to work.

And if I decide not to implement a Save/load system then I could do this more easily.
But it would be nice to have that (Although it would take me a decade to make it).

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

A flat 8 kills requirement with 6 people is still good. This encourages team play and discourages soloing.

Example: I killed one wolf and the quest is already done? Wow! What an amazing map! I can get to max level in no time! *goes on to do all the other quests*

The more often people have to rehost your map, the quicker it becomes popular. Each time it shows up on the games list, other people get more and more familiar with its name and soon they will not be able to resist the urge / curiosity in them. "What is this new map everyone started playing all of a sudden? I better check it out..."

Edit: But if you really want to make each player kill like 8 wolves, make the requirement players_on_quest*8 and just update a variable that holds this number. (Finishing the quest should not decrease the players_on_quest variable though.)
ImageImage

Candlejack

Okay well I've added a variable with an initial value of 0 that adds 1 every time a hero is chosen (Effectively counting the amount of players playing the game) which will allow me to set the quest requirements to a player-based amount.

Right now, for the wolf quest, I have the requirement set to ( 6 + ( 3 x NumberOfPlayers ) )
(9 kills with 1 player, 12 kills with 2 players, 15 with 3, ect..)

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Are there enough wolves though? Imagine 11 players storming through the map, looking to hunt down erm... 40 wolves! Giver or take 1.

They can definitely kill them faster than the respawn rate.
ImageImage

Candlejack

19 wolves in the starting area. 13 small wolves and 6 large wolves. That's 25 points per run-through and creeps are on a 45 second respawn timer. I see how it could cause problems but at the same time I don't want someone to kill 4 mobs, lose a bunch of health and start running for the town just as they start to respawn. I will surely edit it as I see fit though.

Edit: The map only allows 8 players (I could definitely increase this but I definitely want at least 8).

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Idea! Cap it at 25 kills required, like so:
set calculated_requirement = 6 + (3 * players_on_wolf_quest)
if calculated_requirement > 25 then
set calculated_requirement = 25
endif

First in the lore too: A full clear of the forest should satisfy most quest givers.
ImageImage