Unnamed RPG

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
Candlejack
Realm: US East
Account: WaffleFace
Clan: TMMM

Re: Unnamed RPG

Unread post by Candlejack »

If i made the quests global I would make the kills needed be like 8*(amount of players eligible for quest) and I wouldn't want some people doing all the work while others sat AFK in the town.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

I think AFKers are a non-issue, the group quests in wow don't care about them either.

Maybe make it so every player has to pick up the quest in order to receive the shared kill credits. This combats long term AFKing.

Edit: Or a system that requires you to do at least 1 point of damage to the mob for that mob's kill credit to be shared with you.

Note: We discussed a lot of stuff in-game and didn't copy it over to the forum. To anyone following this topic: Sorry!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Candlejack

Thats a great solution.

I'm starting to wonder if I should scratch this whole project and remake it in Galaxy Editor since there is probably a heck of a lot more I could.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yeah... But then again, you'd spend two days getting the leveling system and XP to work, then two more days figuring out actors, weapons, buttons,grids, abilities, effects, weapons, etc. Way too much work!
ImageImage

Candlejack

That's very true but I think I'd feel a lot more accomplished if I made a game with a player-base that extended past DotA.

I'm sure learning all the ins, outs and tricks of Galaxy Editor is going to be tough and frustrating but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Wrong. You'd feel utterly betrayed and very angry, because nobody will ever get a chance to play your map.

Google: Popularity system sucks! and count the number of results. It is very saddening :(

Blizzard! *shakes fist in anger* /cry
ImageImage

Candlejack

Very true, I suppose WC3 would be the better of the two for this project.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I hate being the pessimistic voice, but I do it anyway:

Wc3 is bad as well. It is dying. The playerbase is dwindling and hostbots are killing new maps because when you host you don't even appear on the list of games anymore.

It is very hard to get recognized for the hard work and effort you put into your map, sadly.
ImageImage

Candlejack

I'm well aware my map will never get played, but I just feel like finishing one for once. :)

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Best attitude ever. :)

Let's get to work!
ImageImage