God vs Satan v0.1

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: God vs Satan v0.1

Unread post by 3ICE »

Wow that must have been a lot of work. I generally use txt files for my documents but never this detailed... Or a massive Excel document + HTML readme as is the case for Maze Designer.

I develop impulsively, as soon as an idea comes for a unit, I just create it.

I only keep one documentation per map, in which I write down bigger to be done project-wide changes, bug fixes, and new ideas.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Clement22
Realm: US East
Account: Clement22

God vs God free for all v1.09

Unread post by Clement22 »

Hey 3ICE,
I remade the whole map. The map isn't done (you can still test the triggers), over i won't release yet because i'm not sure it's all okay and whether or not everything is included. I made the hero as a sold unit so that you can only purchase him once. Here you go it the first version so any suggestion be welcome. I'll add more quests and events so that it makes the map interesting. I'm pretty sure everything there but i would love if you could double check just to make sure. I had to fix the triggers cause i changed how "God" looks. Events would include: Troops upgrades, money, wood, given troops

Bug: It seem the description for the Monastery doesn't show correctly, do you know why?

Clement22
Attachments
God vs God Free-For All v1.09.w3m
(50.36 KiB) Downloaded 605 times

Clement22

God vs God free for all v1.11

Hey 3ICE,
I set up a couple of quest but being a total noob in triggers i encountered the following problem:

When going through a region to announces the quest it makes the dialog appear for every unit and not just the first one or every 200. Could you help me fixing this, it gets really annoying and probably doesn't help the games performance. Secondly when it comes time for the reward the trigger doesn't work, i guess it's because it isn't set correctly and therefor doesn't respond appropriately. What i'm asking from you is if it could be possible to show me the appropriate triggers to use and explain why for future quests. If the way i explained things doesn't seem clear i'll provide you with a video of the problem.

Clement22
Attachments
God vs God Free-For All v1.11.w3m
(67.61 KiB) Downloaded 567 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

First problem is easy: Add a t_all Disable (This trigger) as the first line to the affected quests. They will only run once.
ImageImage

Clement22

Okay thanks, got that part, how about the other issues is it possible to make it work the way i want to or i am going to have to make it work a different way?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

All right, had some free time to dl and open your map (between two translation jobs atm...)

And well, it's because your conditions are all wrong. Just read this as a computer would, and you'll immediately see where the error is:
t_if (Item-type of (Last created item)) Equal to Blood Key

What you need is a condition that looks through the entering hero's inventory and checks for the existence of a Blood Key.
You don't actually care what item you placed in the map last. (As that is the Last created item your condition checks for.)

This is more logical:
demo condition demo condition
t_if Or - Any (Conditions) are true t_jbm t_co Conditions t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to Blood Key t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to Blood Key t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)) Equal to Blood Key t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)) Equal to Blood Key t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5)) Equal to Blood Key t_emp t_j t_if (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6)) Equal to Blood Key
And get rid of the extra conditions like t_if Ghost Key Equal to Ghost Key They don't actually hurt the trigger, but why waste time on them, right?
ImageImage

Clement22

Release 2.0 !!!YAY!!!

Hey 3ICE!!!

Thanks for you help so much!!! I fixed the triggers and added a couple simple to avoid being able to loop the quest.
All thanks to you the first release of God vs God Free-for-all is coming out this Friday evening!!! :D

I'd like to thank you so much for making all of this possible, thanks to you i can finally create something all the way!!!

See you (maybe) on US East for the 2.0 testing release!!!!

OMG!!!! I'm so happy :D :D :D

Happiness explosion :D :D :D
Thanks so much :D :D :D

Clement 22,

PS: did you check out the link i posted a couple post behind about you on the forum?
Attachments
God vs God Free-For All v2.0.w3m
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
(75.19 KiB) Downloaded 595 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

No, there haven't been any posts with links in them for a while.
ImageImage

Clement22

Hey 3ICE,
heres the link: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 1&sid=3000
if it doesn't work type: 3ice battle.net forum w3m w3x
in google and it shoudl be the first result just scroll down adn you are the 5th post on this forum
Attachments
bandicam 2014-01-10 09-30-15-168.jpg
bandicam 2014-01-10 09-30-15-168.jpg (189.56 KiB) Viewed 19034 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I went to http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 2418869171
and saw nothing new. Last post from 2011.

Yes, I did.
ImageImage