God vs Satan v0.1

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
Clement22
Realm: US East
Account: Clement22
Clan: 3ICE

Re: God vs Satan v0.1

Unread post by Clement22 »

Hey 3ICE,
It seems i can't "host a game, it seem that is because there is multiple computer using the same IP and the user when logging on to my hosted games will get lost and simply be spat back out. Is this possible? Have you encountered this problem? Did you end up solving it or did you just buy an host bot?

Clement 22

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

Buy? But they are free to download!

Yes, my server PC and play laptop are behind the same connection, so my IP address clashes with that of my hostbot. I solve it by only letting the hostbot connect to battle.net. My play laptop is offline, only connecting to the hosted games via LAN.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Clement22

Hey 3ICE,
I've had trouble hosting games recently so i downloaded the bot you use and i'm still having trouble, whenever i try to start it up it start normally and then at some point i get something about having to check my Warcraft path and cd key. Anything i missed?

Edit: could you upload the folder you use to keep your bot so i could take a look at it?
Attachments
bandicam 2014-01-11 10-56-32-178.jpg
bandicam 2014-01-11 10-56-32-178.jpg (89.04 KiB) Viewed 17714 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

This thread has three potential threads in it. I should split it up into 3 but then you won't be subscribed to them all. Could you do it?
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Clement22 wrote:could you upload the folder you use to keep your bot so i could take a look at it?
Definitely not. There is some very private stuff in my bot's folder. My cd keys, chat logs, 10GB of replays, open source versions of my maps, etc. Even my ghost.cfg configuration is set up in a way I'd like to keep to myself. Not just my bot's passwords and cd keys, but the way it's set up to be better than others.
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Clement22 wrote:at some point i get something about having to check my Warcraft path and cd key. Anything i missed?
That's what you've missed. Read the error message and follow its instructions. You can find the log in the bot's folder.
ImageImage

Clement22

This thread has three potential threads in it. I should split it up into 3 but then you won't be subscribed to them all. Could you do it?
Sure but how and what do you want me to split them into: The map, the bot situation and ?

Eidt: Okay it seems to be working, all i need to know now is how to put the map i want to be hosted and how to access the game i'm hosting (will it just appear on the list?)
I'll be off internet for the rest of the week end so the map is gonna be tested next weekend or in the following week

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Multiple hosts behind same IP not working.

Edit: I see your edit and raise you mine: Set you maps folder in the config. Yes it will. All right.
ImageImage

Clement22

Hey 3ICE,
I back earlier then planned, so i will probably finish fixing everything.
I still don't get how you want me to split the thread, is there a special tool or should i simply create 2 other new threads that i would name accordingly?

Edit: could you help me making my own config file for my map, i have found nothing to teach myself

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yes, make 2 new threads then I'll move the revelant posts there.

I use GhostOne to generate my mapconfigs.
ImageImage