God vs Satan v0.1

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: God vs Satan v0.1

Unread post by 3ICE »

Please don't triple post, but use the edit button.
If you can, merge your three posts into the first or last one and then delete the two extras. Or let me know when I can do it for you.

Your map is w3x because you used TFT-only features. They can be hard to track down, but you'll have to, if you want to return to RoC compatibility. See attached image for how it looks in Maze Designer:
TFT-required-because-redcircle.png
TFT-required-because-redcircle.png (7.93 KiB) Viewed 16416 times
Your goal is to change that to "Expansion required: No" by deleting every TFT-only ability you used from your map, etc.

Edit: New bugs :)
Resource spirit now cannot mine gold. Make sure you are using the human version of Gather, not Night Elf + Undead. Those need entangled / haunted gold mines.
Why is there a "Food offering" building? I started with max food.
You should definitely NOT let Soul Gem drop from any mobs. Soul Gem is ridiculously overpowered and not fun to play against. You basically lose your hero if the enemy gets this item.
The deities have 500 damage, insane health regeneration, and divine armor. How are you supposed to win this game?
Berserker horse rider has Bloodlust, but no mana to cast it.
Armored Soldier can't cast defend.
Some units require a "War Mill" to be built. As far as I know there is no such building, so either add one or remove the requirement.

The map is coming along really well.
Last edited by 3ICE on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bug list
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Clement22
Realm: US East
Account: Clement22

Unread post by Clement22 »

thanks for the feedback and the tips about posting
As for the compability problem, it's i opened it when it was still RoC compatible and then saved it without making any changes simply to realise that it saved it as TFT compatible, i don't have much of a choice but to use the TFT world editor.
Food offering bug: i didn't plan for player to start with max food, i'll look through my units to see if one furnished that much food
Resource spirit bug: just feels like i'll never get it right, i'll make sure it's fixed

Soul Gem: gotcha! but i wonder how to make the hero unique (aka you can't train him more then one time)
Berseker Horse rider bug: my bad, i loose track of who has what and who doesn't, but it'll be fixed for next time
Armor Soldier: Defend? i hadn't plan to give them Defend, i'll take it out for next time
War Mill bug: War Mill is (i guess) a structure in TFT, it appeared when the extension merged with my map, will be fixed
Compliment: Thanks a lot for spending so much time on my map, even though you can accelerate things with greedisgood or warpten it still takes a lot of time to check every single unit and for this i will probably never be able to thanks you enough but lets start now. Thank you so much 3ICE

Clement22....

Edit: Deity OP: I will lower their attack but i'd also like to tell you that the gods are made to last and not simply be killed like a normal unit, but i do understand your concern and every stat will be halved if not more, just remember this isn't suppose to be easy and if you were the player in the bad posture you would be happy your god can fight back, siege and long range weapons can reach him without being reached
Last edited by Clement22 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

(War Mill is the orc lumber return place.)

Edit: I merged the three posts for you.
ImageImage

Clement22

saw you post on battle.net forum
Found first culprit: building crusher, couldn't find why so just deleted it
Second Culprit: catapult, which i decided to also delete
3rd and 4th: the pikemen
5th: Spell Thrower
others: religous farm....
found a bunch more between catapult (orc) and spell thrower (human)
I don't feel like doing my map anyomre because with just one little mistake it compellintly tipped the balance
here's my map (TFT world editor)
Attachments
God vs God free for all v0.27 Clement22.w3x
(53.94 KiB) Downloaded 548 times

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Me, on battle.net forums? But I no longer post there. When was this? Link me.

The first time I encountered this TFT autoconversion bug I wanted to quit too. But I stuck with it, fixed it, and now I'm all good.

New Bug:
Sniper can one shot the god :)
ImageImage

Clement22

This will be one of the last posts for this topic. I think that you will agree that this map has evolved too much for this topic the next time i post will probably be on a new topic with the brand new and improved, RoC compatible god vs god map. This post is just to tell you that i'm redoing the whole map one unit at a time, i will also make sure i uninstall all the tft (a friend gave it to me he can probably do it again) . Then i wont simply copy paste each unit i will start it from scratch probably changing a lot of things if i feel like it. I will make sure after creating that it is still RoC compatible. Wish me luck.

You in all your fame at the battle net forum (3 years ago): http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?to ... 1&sid=3000

Edit: type in google "3ice battle.net forum w3m w3x" without the quotations and it's the first link
Last edited by Clement22 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That link needs fixing.
ImageImage

Clement22

Hey 3ICE,

I'm rebooting this old post, so just letting you know that i'll start working on the map again. I'm currently writing a word document with all the needed information before unstalling all TFT related content. After this i will slowly create a map in which there is only the terrain. Next step save and make a backup. Once i'm done with this i will make sure that i one unit at the time create my map RoC compatible.

Wish me luck,
Clement22

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Excellent!

I am busy playing City of Steam at the moment, but I will find time to check on this topic frequently. Two or three times a day.

--3ICE
ImageImage

Clement22

God vs God free for all v1.0

Hey 3ICE,

I'm done with the document, the units are written down in this order: Name, Appearance, Projectile, Abilities Descriptions 1&2, Requierement. I'm currently double checking everything, i'll also export the triggers (they took too long to make). You don't have to check the document, it's just there if you want to look up something later on

Clement22

PS: 2-3 times a day is way enough, enjoy City of Steam
Attachments
God vs God v1 all things.docx
(21.31 KiB) Downloaded 821 times