"No turning ice" problem

The perfect one step solution for creating Ice/Sliding Mazes in both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. It is the only decent system around and it even works in RoC, is lagfree, perfectly optimized, fast and reliable. The included TerrainKill feature frees you from the tedious task of creating a thousand kill-regions.
manstie
Account: manstie

"No turning ice" problem

Unread post by manstie »

I made a different type of ice to make it that the certain ice is unable to steer on it. Although it does work there is a partial problem. If you mass click in a different direction while on the unable-to-steer ice, it can kind of turn a bit (I noticed this on polar escape as well). Is there a way to fix it?
Attachments
Critter Slide v0.1.w3x
(43.26 KiB) Downloaded 641 times

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: "No turning ice" problem

Unread post by 3ICE »

Yes, just make the sliding trigger's periodic event fire every 0.01 seconds instead of 0.03, this way the effect can be minimalized so much it is actually close to zero.

If 0.01 is still not fast enough, you can use a timer. Timers can do 0.005 or even more, but the faster you set the trigger the more lag you will have to put up with. Many people can't even handle 0.01 events so you better stick to 0.03 and accept the bug.

Attaching my map was not necessary. Please do not edit my sliding system and call it yours! You have to import it into an entirely new map or a map that you have been working on before.
I am going to have to add a way to prevent this in future versions... I didn't think anyone would do what you did, but I was obviously wrong...
I made a mental note forbid saving in my sliding system from version 4. Thanks for (unintentionally) bringing this to my attention.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

I only based it off yours because I didn't want to have to re-make the variables. I don't see what is the big deal about importing the triggers into my map or just opening and making from there.

Plus I think it is already at 0.01 ( call TriggerRegisterTimerEvent(gg_trg_Slide,0.01,true) )

I don't see how it partially allows people to steer when "Side2" isn't even in the steer trigger...

Plus I don't see how it is possible to stop other people from saving except for you.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

manstie wrote:I only based it off yours because I didn't want to have to re-make the variables. I don't see what is the big deal about importing the triggers into my map or just opening and making from there.
But I do.
manstie wrote:Plus I think it is already at 0.01
And I also suggested using a timer... (Or ignoring the problem.)
manstie wrote:I don't see how it partially allows people to steer when "Side2" isn't even in the steer trigger...
Well then I can see from your comment that you don't know how sliding works. Fact: Units are able to move, no matter how often you change their location, coordinates, or orders. A few pixels of default movement can still slip through. You mistyped "Side2", it is missing an L.
manstie wrote:Plus I don't see how it is possible to stop other people from saving except for you.
You don't have to see it. It is enough that I know its possible. You just don't know about it.
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

3ICE wrote:Well then I can see from your comment that you don't know how sliding works. Fact: Units are able to move, no matter how often you change their location, coordinates, or orders. A few pixels of default movement can still slip through. You mistyped "Side2", it is missing an L.
True.
3ICE wrote:You don't have to see it. It is enough that I know its possible. You just don't know about it.
Ooo scary hes gonna put a virus in it or something :shock:

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

No, not virus just some hidden faulty code injected into war3map.wtg, which crashes the editor when it tries to execute the save command.

Of course the protection can be undone, I even know 2 people who could find and disable it. But luckily neither of them care about my system, because they have their own, written in vJASS. Of course the vJASS implementation is slower than my simple JASS one, but has more features and is meant for professionals to use. On the other hand my system was written for noobs. :)
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

3ICE wrote:No, not virus just some hidden faulty code injected into war3map.wtg, which crashes the editor when it tries to execute the save command.

Of course the protection can be undone, I even know 2 people who could find and disable it. But luckily neither of them care about my system, because they have their own, written in vJASS. Of course the vJASS implementation is slower than my simple JASS one, but has more features and is meant for professionals to use. On the other hand my system was written for noobs. :)
Indeed it is newbie-friendly.
If it makes you happier, I extracted the triggers from your map and put it into my own.
But wouldn't a normal map de-protector fix it? or just replacing war3map.wtg (with a normal/fake one)?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Thanks. (Note: Don't underline words for emphasis, only links should be (automatically) underlined. Emphasize with bolding or italicizing.)

Do you even know anything about map deprotection? I mean, didn't you know that...
Map deprotectors will try to reconstruct war3map.wtg, moving every trigger into one gigantic JASS block. (Can't edit that anymore, can you?)
But if a war3map.wtg is found, it will not be touched, so my protection stays untouched too.
And how exactly do you plan on using my sliding system after you deleted/replaced war3map.wtg? Everything you need for sliding was in that file. It holds the GUI triggers for editing purposes. After you delete war3map.wtg all your (my) triggers are lost forever.
ImageImage

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

well I don't know :lol:
I thought the .j file kept all the triggers.

manstie

Unread post by manstie »

BUMP!

I swear it's impossible to make a unit unable to turn on a certain ice. Impossible!
The Hive Workshop can't help me out with it :(
How did swmpmoele do it!?