Check the grammar of this

Do you need help with a computer-related problem? Ask it here!
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Check the grammar of this

Unread post by 3ICE »

Hello,
Many people register here with invalid (fake) email addresses. I would like to have an automatic message sent to them as a PM.
Here is what I have written up: http://www.3ice.hu/static/drafts/PM_InvalidEmailNotify.html EDIT: Deleted. See the post below.
I am not a native English speaker, so let me know if you find any flaws in the text.
Last edited by 3ICE on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: See the post below.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Re: Check the grammar of this

Unread post by 3ICE »

New version:
Dear {U_NAME},
Thanks for registering on 3ICE.HU, your source of Warcraft 3 tutorials and the official download place for 3ICE's maps.

There was an error with your registration though. The e-mail address you specified is invalid, its inbox is full or is inaccessible in an other way. The activation email that was sent to you, bumped back to me. But worry not, I have manually activated your account so you can start posting now.

The only problem with this is that your invalid email address will make it difficult for us to contact you. (Should you get a PM, the notification email will bump back the same way. Should you try subscribing to forums, your notifications will bump back the same way too) Also I might just decide to delete your account at any time for using a not real email address. To avoid this, please change your email address to a real, working one in the User Control Panel (UCP). If I may suggest, get a GMail account (It gives you 2 GB storage) and use it from now on.

3ICE, site admin

p.s.: You might also want to change your password now, since it was emailed to me. The reply-to address of the activation email is set to my email address, because if anyone replies to it, I don't want their message to get lost. This causes the undeliverable messages to bump back and land in my inbox too, where I can read them(which I did not do), click the Activation link (which I did do), or read your password(which I did not do).
I don't like the thick black line at the bottom either, but it is better than having nothing. If you have any better ideas than a 20px wide line, post it here.
ImageImage

Torin
Realm: US East
Account: Torin544

Unread post by Torin »

Sounds great ^^ umm the black bar is little annoying and idk how to help but the letter is perfectly okay :)

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I already finalized that version so the black bar has to stay.
It is a warning message anyway, so it has to be ugly and threatening xD
Maybe they'll change their email addresses if they see the ugly thick black line.
Who knows what affects the human mind? :D
Thanks for checking it.

--3ICE
ImageImage

mOck
Realm: US East
Account: i_mock_death

Unread post by mOck »

caps P.S. and not leave it p.s.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

3ICE wrote:already finalized
but thanks anyway
ImageImage

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

So, this invalidemailpm was never really used, unfortunately. And now registration is closed so maybe in the future I reinstate it if I don't forget.
Dear So, this invalidemailpm was never really used, unfortunately. And now registration is closed so maybe in the future I reinstate it if I don't forget,
Thanks for registering on 3ICE.HU, your source of Warcraft 3 tutorials and the official download place for 3ICE's maps.

There was an error with your registration though. The e-mail address you specified is invalid, its inbox is full or is inaccessible in an other way. The activation email that was sent to you, bumped back to me. But worry not, I have manually activated your account so you can start posting now.

The only problem with this is that your invalid email address will make it difficult for us to contact you. (Should you get a PM, the notification email will bump back the same way. Should you try subscribing to forums, your notifications will bump back the same way too) Also I might just decide to delete your account at any time for using a not real email address. To avoid this, please change your email address to a real, working one in the User Control Panel (UCP). If I may suggest, get a GMail account (It gives you 2 GB storage) and use it from now on.

3ICE, site admin

p.s.: You might also want to change your password now, since it was emailed to me. The reply-to address of the activation email is set to my email address, because if anyone replies to it, I don't want their message to get lost. This causes the undeliverable messages to bump back and land in my inbox too, where I can read them(which I did not do), click the Activation link (which I did do), or read your password(which I did not do).
Last edited by 3ICE on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: invalidemailpm
ImageImage