[Published from 3ICE's inbox] "got a question about my map"

The perfect one step solution for creating Ice/Sliding Mazes in both Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. It is the only decent system around and it even works in RoC, is lagfree, perfectly optimized, fast and reliable. The included TerrainKill feature frees you from the tedious task of creating a thousand kill-regions.
BugMeNot

[Published from 3ICE's inbox] "got a question about my map"

Unread post by BugMeNot »

hey, i downloaded your slide system for roc/tft on your website.
and copied the triggers n stuff and made new terrain etc..
but it doesnt work to die or slide anymore?
would you take a look at the map for me please?
i havent changed anything, and the heroes is demon hunters.. hmm

-DeaftMaster
Attachments
slidessss.w3x
(33.51 KiB) Downloaded 617 times
Last edited by 3ICE on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I got this email today.
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/3ice.hu

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: got a question about my map

Unread post by 3ICE »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for choosing my sliding system!
I see you destroyed the core unit group Image H, and I am pretty sure that is why the system no longer works.

It helps if you keep your own triggers out of my sliding system (create a different folder for your stuff, have your own initialization trigger separate of mine, etc)
It would be nice if you also left my variables alone, for example destroying the unit group (Image H) that controls the whole sliding system is not smart. In Image Locust DH you have: Custom script - call DestroyGroup(udg_H) and it is even inside a loop that was also using Image H, breaking not just my system, but your trigger as well.

--3ICE
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

BugMeNot

okey, thanks!
but if you look at this trigger at the map, its actually maximaxou's sliding/death trigger..
and it wont work to slide or die on the terrain + it always comes up with an bug.
would you please fix taht problem for me? and send me the map back OR tell me the problem, hehe..
let this dont get published, haha, my english is so bad and i got problems to explain in english xD
Last edited by 3ICE on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: And this was his re: (No, I am not attaching that other map he referred to.)
This is a guest account intended for use by people who wish to remain anonymous or hate registering.
(Please don't forget to sign your posts with your name if you want us to know who you are.)

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

I don't like to fix other people's sliding systems because I want mine to be the only one.

That sliding system is horribly coded anyway. For example it has separate triggers for each unit, which creates a lot of duplicate code. I won't touch it unless I am paid.

EDIT: Your English is bad because you don't pay attention.
And get a spell checker. It helps you avoid spelling mistakes like:
  • i → I
  • n → and
  • doesnt → doesn't
  • havent → haven't
  • okey → okay
  • wont → won't
  • taht →that
  • dont → don't
  • english → English
Though spell checkers wont fix these:
  • heroes is demon hunters → are*
  • its actually → it's*
  • an bug → a*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

BugMeNot

Re: [Published from 3ICE's inbox] "got a question about my map"

btw, got 1 more question about this slide/death trigger.
When i touch an unit and dies it still slides..
i want the "demon hunter" to stop and just die, not slide further, that looks bad, you know any ways to fix that? thanks!
and if you have played murloc slide.. after you die its a copy of your hero at the place you died.
how to do that?
thanks! :)
Last edited by 3ICE on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: He sent another message. Still refusing to use my forum...