Civ5 bug - Conquest of the New World scenario - I simultaneously win and lose

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Civ5 bug - Conquest of the New World scenario - I simultaneously win and lose

Unread post by 3ICE »

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13317223
Hi,

I was playing the G&K Scenario: Conquest of the New World as Isabella (Spain)
Reached turn 100 as the dominant player, with 890-something score. Yet I am met with the defeat screen instead of a victory.

Clicking one more turn, I see that I actually won a time victory. Even got the two achievements for winning:
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition - Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Isabella.
Siglo de Oro - Win the New World Scenario as Spain.
Both unlocked on Jul 8, 2014 3:53pm (just now)

Save attached, simply hit next turn to simultaneously win and lose.

Either it was not a legitimate win and then the achievements should not have been awarded, or I should have won straight up, without also being defeated for no reason.

No highscore entry in the Hall of fame.

Sincerely,
Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai

p.s.: This is a fresh reinstall, no mods enabled, all settings reset, have all DLC except BNW and the two scrambled map packs.
Yes, the scenario specifically calls for 1000 points, which I failed to gather. I should have lost.

It's definitely a bug though. From the achievements side of it.
  • I won not only the game: Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition - Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Isabella
  • But the scenario as well: Siglo de Oro - Win the New World Scenario as Spain
Even though I should've lost it.

off topic: Same here, no scenarios before. I burned out on Civ 5 so I tried a few scenarios to see if they could rekindle my interest. It actually worked! Scenarios are neat. Custom tech tree and everything.

It was weird in the new world scenario:
Japan and China had borders, but without any cities to their name. They were not actual countries in the game, just passive placeholders for ship exploration triggers and to prevent border contention / growth between the European powers. I signed a defensive pact with both to get them into otherwise impossible wars, and even sold them open borders for their 25 starting gold :) (bug?)
I want to try gifting a city to them, see how they start to behave after that.
I look forward to the other scenarios now.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage