News from Youtube.

Anything not related to map making or Blizzard games should be posted here.
Fun • Forum games • Images • Films • Music • Humor • Videos
Forum rules
The off topic has no rules :)
DieKralle
Realm: Europe
Account: Die_Kralle

News from Youtube.

Unread post by DieKralle »

A Youtuber called: HERO --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq1VMC ... 3PRaNfzU7A set up a Dead Man's Switch on his twitter account. He has posted 2 videos with keys in the description. These keys are only in use if a Twitter post occures in 48 hours of no signs of human action. What's happening to him is very serious and can't be taken as a joke!

What is a Dead Man's Switch you might ask?

A dead man's switch (for other names, see alternative names) is a switch that is automatically operated if the human operator becomes incapacitated, such as through death, loss of consciousness, or being bodily removed from control. Originally applied to switches on a vehicle or machine, it has since come to be used to describe other intangible uses like in computer software.

These switches are usually used as a form of fail-safe where they stop a machine with no operator from potentially dangerous action or incapacitate a device as a result of accident, malfunction, or misuse. They are common in such applications in locomotives, aircraft refuelling, freight elevators, lawn mowers, tractors, personal watercraft, outboard motors, chainsaws, snowblowers, tread machines, snowmobiles, amusement rides, and many medical imaging devices. On some machines, these switches merely bring the machines back to a safe state, such as reducing the throttle to idle or applying brakes while leaving the machines still running and ready to resume normal operation once control is reestablished. When the switch is an electrical one, it is usually wired as part of a series circuit.

Dead man's switches are not always used to stop machines and prevent harm. These switches can also be used as a fail-deadly. A spring-operated switch can also be used to complete a circuit when it is no longer held down. This means that a dead man's switch may be used to activate a harmful device, such as a bomb or IED. The user holds down a switch of some sort in their hand which arms the device. The device will activate when the switch is released, so that if the user is knocked out or killed while holding the switch, the bomb will detonate. The Special Weapons Emergency Separation System is an application of this concept in the field of nuclear weapons. A more extreme version is Russia's Dead Hand program, which allows for automatic launch of nuclear missiles should a number of conditions be met, even if all Russian leadership were to be killed. A similar concept has been employed with computer data, where sensitive information has been previously encrypted and released to the public, and the "switch" is the release of the decryption key, as with WikiLeaks' "insurance files".

Also 3ICE if you already now about this, I'm sorry to post this. This post is also for the Guests.
"You can't blame gravity, for falling in love"

3ICE
Admin
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: News from Youtube.

Unread post by 3ICE »

Likely BS. I hate hero. Here I've helped expose his dark side (resulting in his suspension from the Terraria Wiki and removal of his admin rights):
http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Stop_rampaging_powermad_admin_HeroGaming_on_Terraria_wiki,_he_is_banning_other_admins_and_deleting_discussion_pages_about_his_tyranny

He has cried wolf so many times in the past, this is likely a popularity stunt as well. Drama alert!

I also have a dead man's switch. But it takes 3 months to activate, not 48 hours. (If I don't log in to one of my secret accounts for that long.)

He released most of the decryption key already. So any idea what's in the message? It can't be a picture, the encoded string is far too short for that (unless it's a link to one).
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DieKralle

He said if the Dead Man Switch activates, the keys can be used to decrypt his private information or what could happend to him.

Maybe someone from the Terraria community is on a hunt for him.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

No, that wiki drama was years ago. He's been largely inactive over there ever since.

The full decryption key is probably this string, concatenated from his 4 tweets in chronological order:
<=/3"uSAlAtzhgFtqG%?G'X*HhB?fJ`+n^>W0qD^GAtly@7=1bz9,9E;@z%web>jn7kpQQOyY=tp>w.#F3f(w/Sbs~mKa]YjYvJ>

But did he release the private key? I can't find it anywhere.
ImageImage

DieKralle

I think not. Do you have the video description keys ?

This is from the first video:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)
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=huMU
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

From the second video:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (MingW32)

hQEMAxyQ+uzo8z/gAQf8DLzN2qN4FrvKbE2qvTW/xbf9gcVGX9TVUIHtYGpIiRtw
jor7y+RLhRM550DHqQkaojTA00a0UgwOM0N26nT40e7ca50Oc0UTlJExKdmdLuMr
Nx34baC3dSCqTvfofxk522Nu0288eMPTc95FHaaxJbd139O8lNNXNdHklZ52l8L4
g4KwXftKnkpbM3u47wxmTCsdubNlEco8K+WyW5Tj98njU02Gw3SOsRj3s4duCDI4
T2fuy9wv7OYjA/7DR3qmGII58EOfEzutkKphqsL/mW0606gxpues52OXmkuBsWwO
4KcW3u7xOf4f4DgBdZxNbQpTh8w7Te1s4fXEJSbK1dJYARpjhROLCK2Nbyj2BfS5
JkIbAAdJ3QXr3YFHrsSN4r6PrRE5DNGb04OWaCWVHE3OcdS4sQS6vb1okIpgQahp
Kp5R01vJQme2lDEXbUCOxeNDV3sSTNMfLQ==
=a96f
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----
Maybe combine this with the key string you posted ?

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Just having the PGP messages and password are not enough. We need the private key of his "recipient" as well. Unless it's encoded symmetrically.

This is what we are missing:
-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
ImageImage

DieKralle

He said, the PGP messages should be saved for some purpose or when the Dead Man's Switch activates the last part of the key will show up.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I'm thinking he doesn't even know how to use PGP properly.

Just like 99% of his fans. So many "what do I do with this" tweets and comments...

What if he sent the message to his own public key? (Which means only he can decode it himself, using his own private key.) And if he releases his own private key to "fix" this, then anyone can generate fake messages in his name.
ImageImage

DieKralle

The string you posted: <=/3"uSAlAtzhgFtqG%?G'X*HhB?fJ`+n^>W0qD^GAtly@7=1bz9,9E;@z%web>jn7kpQQOyY=tp>w.#F3f(w/Sbs~mKa]YjYvJ> Is already his activated Dead Man's Switch. Spooky :D

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Haha, It was all fake. Crying wolf again, what a sheep. Hope the backlash will be severe. (Unsubscribe!)

And he's trying to pass off the blame on some other channel. Typical whiny hero. As if his idea would have worked if only it was not spread.

I bet some people even involved the police, wasting so much time and tax payer dollars on trying to save an idiot.
ImageImage