Americas Zombie War[ICE]1.3B

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
eenan
Realm: US East
Account: eenan

Americas Zombie War[ICE]1.3B

Unread post by eenan »

Well here is the Newest version of my most accomplished game... which really isnt saying mutch. Anywho a few problems, Lately ive noticed my game Server splits. sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. Also ... well no... thats just it for now with triggers :) I have a bit of ballance problem but i can figure that out eventually. thx anyone who replies.

After thought: i recently played 3ICE's CLICK WARS V3.4(.5?) And one thing i have to say its great, but with no Gold to wood - wood to gold System its impossible to Win even spaming Last units. (When i say Impossible to win i maen against some one that has played before or played before and lasted to the end)
Attachments
Americas Zombie Wars[ICE]1.3B.w3m
load 'er up!
(173.61 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
The King: PREPARE FOR THE SEIGE!
Cale'anon:Have you seen a little girl-
Prince: I'm Afraid now is not the time to indulge in your desires, brother.
Cale'anon: No, i'm not-
Prince: You are an amusingly odd fellow, Cale'anon, my hope that the vulii kill you swiftly before remvoing your skin.
Cale'anon:WORST
---------------------PORTAL
-------------------------------EVER!!!!!!

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Americas Zombie War[ICE]1.3B

Unread post by 3ICE »

eenan wrote:i recently played 3ICE's CLICK WARS V3.4(.5?) And one thing i have to say its great, but with no Gold to wood - wood to gold System its impossible to Win even spaming Last units. (When i say Impossible to win i maen against some one that has played before or played before and lasted to the end)
Yep, it is impossible to win. You see, I didn't finish the last 22 creeps. There was supposed to be two more upgrades to your sender, but I never got around to make all those extra creeps. If it was finished, you could attack with a lvl 44 boss named after me, it costs 1mill wood 1mill gold and that would win the game for you. BUT:
Also another issue with CW is that some upgrades are unfair. You can with just a single click on the lvl44 boss send it to the player after you or before you or back to where they came from or back to where they spawned. This also makes the creep your unit, so however strong creeps there are, they will be just kept passed around infinitely. SO:
If I ever work on a CW map, it will be a restart from scratch. The old map is great, but the problems with it cannot be handled.

EDIT: I just found a CW I have been working on last year. That one has no issues, but it's not finished either. I don't think I'm finishing it anytime soon.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

eenan
Realm: US East
Account: eenan

Unread post by eenan »

Okay Cool. I really do like that game, almost more than Maze Designer...(xD) So do you have any idea why it is Server spliting?(mah gamez)
The King: PREPARE FOR THE SEIGE!
Cale'anon:Have you seen a little girl-
Prince: I'm Afraid now is not the time to indulge in your desires, brother.
Cale'anon: No, i'm not-
Prince: You are an amusingly odd fellow, Cale'anon, my hope that the vulii kill you swiftly before remvoing your skin.
Cale'anon:WORST
---------------------PORTAL
-------------------------------EVER!!!!!!

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Server splits/desyncs can be caused by:
  • Too many memory leaks
  • A unit with too high dice rolls (Attack or Bounty) (Unconfirmed by me, found it on a low-trust forum)
  • functions involving GetLocalPlayer() (Eg calling CreateUnit() inside a GetLocalPlayer() block will cause desync)
  • Use of "Pan camera as Necessary" function has a high chance of desync.
  • A corrupted import
How to fix the problem:
  • Fix most memory leaks
  • Every time a Mortal Team attacks, game might split, because it's Attack1 - Damage sides per die is set to 42. (Higher chance)
  • Every time a Hero attacks, game might split, because it's Attack1 - Damage sides per die is set to 25. (Lower chance)
Summary:
Fix memory leaks.
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

Also I seem to find that There is one t_act you DO NOT want to use.
The Action is -add to trigger t_eve 's if you add something for trigger events withen the actions it seems to cause and extremm amount of lagg online. eventually the game will freeze.
How do I know this?
When making battle footmen ar I had been having trouble testing and my game would continuosly freeze but only when i was online. So I looked through what i had most recently done and I had eventally found out
what was effecting my game. Of coarse once i had deleted this t_act My game stoped freezing ingame.
Also If you have a crapy router sometimes you may just loss connection with your guests :roll: ;p;

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I_H8_U_M8 wrote:Also I seem to find that There is one t_act you DO NOT want to use.
The Action is -add to trigger t_eve 's if you add something for trigger events withen the actions it seems to cause and extremm amount of lagg online. eventually the game will freeze.
How do I know this?
When making battle footmen ar I had been having trouble testing and my game would continuosly freeze but only when i was online. So I looked through what i had most recently done and I had eventally found out
what was effecting my game. Of coarse once i had deleted this t_act My game stoped freezing ingame.
Also If you have a crapy router sometimes you may just loss connection with your guests :roll: ;p;
This is not true.

+Please do not use smilies in place of text, it makes your post unreadable... Type out Event, Action instead of t_eve , t_act .
ImageImage

I_H8_U_M8

Unread post by I_H8_U_M8 »

In some causes it is true Depending on how you set it up 3ice. What i had done was use a Quest Menu flash
And I did something like this:

Events- map itilization
For every player in group all players
flash questmenu button for pick player
add to trigger events every 5 seconds.

Doing this it would run acually map itilization again and again. Eventally My game would Start Glitching And would freeze.
After When everyone would leave the game would be fine and stop glitching Because i had a trigger that did this

Events Every 1 second

If player slot comparison +unused or Left
then remove triggering player from all players

So anyways 3Ice So things Can Create Lagg
But maybe I Had other triggers effecting this too
Also But, Once I had deleted the Flashing quest button trigger my game worked fine.
Also But Also But, Maybe You just need to Find Triggers that have too many loops within the loops
That being said It also depends how powerful warcraft acually is.
Warcraft uses a kind of visual basic programing it seems.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

I_H8_U_M8 wrote:In some causes
cases*

In some cases... Any trigger can cause lag "in some cases"!
Just because you used it wrong, don't flag it as a laggy.

I use the "Trigger - Add New Event" function over 1000 times in my CW, RKR and MD maps and none of them lag from it.
ImageImage