Making Maps RoC Compatible

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
Whammy

Making Maps RoC Compatible

Unread post by Whammy »

Hi. I've been making maps for about five years now, and it wasn't until last week that I bought TFT for the ability editor. I'm wondering what can I use exactly from the TFT editor and have my map still be RoC compatible?

Can I use custom abilities? If so, what do I change?
Can I use any of the new triggers? (Such as: For Each Integer A From 1 to 10 (Multiple Actions))

I'll have no problem coding my map with old textures, models, and triggers if I have to. I know all of the RoC ones by heart for the most part, but it'd be nice to use the newer, more convenient ones if possible. Also I'd like to use the ability editor for RoC maps. That's the only reason I bought TFT. I know it's possible because I've seen it done, I just don't know what to change to make it so.

Basically, if there's anything new from the TFT editor that I can use for my RoC maps, I'd like to know about it. Thanks.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Making Maps RoC Compatible

Unread post by 3ICE »

Have you tried typing "convert tft to roc" into google?
Because the 4th or so result is quite helpful: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=43433

I love SLK tables, they are so much faster than the Object Editor. (Once I had to set the gold, lumber and food cost of 300 different units. (For Maze Designer.) I would have gone insane if I had to do it in the World Editor.)

EDIT: All my maps are converted from TFT. I'm one of the very few people who still do it. (Making RoC maps with TFT features in them.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Whammy

Unread post by Whammy »

Yeah, I tried google a few times (you don't have to assume I'm retarded). I guess I wasn't using the word 'convert' in the search though, was trying things like 'making TFT maps RoC compatible.'

Thanks a lot for the link though, I'll look into it and get back to you if I have any further questions.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Unread post by 3ICE »

I'm sure you will find the process of conversion too tedious. To be honest, even I think it isn't worth it.
Random quote:
Kiddo wrote:If you're about to go into all that 'trouble' for one map, it's better be a hell'of'a map.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage