Virus Infection

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
onixnoob

Virus Infection

Unread post by onixnoob »

Map description:

Body Defenders: Have to protect The Human Body and his organs from the viruses and to destroy all viruses that are inside the body.

Viruses: Have to Kill The Human Body by killing:
The Stomach to stop Pills from coming. When you kill The stomach Anti-Virus Cloud will be released and a lot of Pills, as a last resort of The Body and the doctors to eliminate the viruses.
The Heart to stop the T-Bodys, Mature T-Bodys, White Blood Cells and the Antibodies from coming.
The Brain to win the game.

Strains:
Spoiler:
Ebola (Easy) - This strain need only more and more units killed to grow stronger. For every killed enemy unit new unit will be spawned from it 1 level lower than the killing unit. This strain is good for players that play for first time the map becouse it's very powerfull strain in the begining. In late game when there don't have alot of enemies to be killed you will be unable to have alot of units.

Hantavirus (Normal) - This virus is highly adaptive, he need to kill enemy units to gain skills. Different units of this strain gain different skills after a number of kills.

Evolution (Hard) - This strain need time to evolve and grow stronger. You have to keep you units from dying when they are low on hp becouse when they evolve their hp will be full again. If you choose this strain you have to wait most of the time for your units to grow stronger to be able to fight. The last evo units of this strain are very good for late game.

Note: In the Lungs you can find spores and with them you can spawn bacteries which can multiply very fast.
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Entire Map Preview
Entire Map Preview
Entire Map Preview
Entire Map Preview.jpg (303.97 KiB) Viewed 20308 times
Body Defenders Area
Body Defenders Area
Body Defenders Area
Body Defenders Area.jpg (624.85 KiB) Viewed 20348 times
The Stomach
The Stomach
The Stomach
The Stomach.jpg (598.05 KiB) Viewed 20307 times
The Heart
The Heart
The Heart
The Heart.jpg (552.42 KiB) Viewed 20300 times
The Brain
The Brain
The Brain
The Brain.jpg (584.02 KiB) Viewed 20314 times
Body Units
Body Units
Body Units
Body Units.jpg (567.35 KiB) Viewed 20348 times
Virus Units
Virus Units
Virus Units
Virus Units.jpg (606.57 KiB) Viewed 20345 times
Changelog:
Spoiler:
Reduced the Fog
Virus Infection [O] 0.72.w3x
Virus Infection 0.72
(956.53 KiB) Downloaded 1035 times
Last edited by onixnoob on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: Virus Infection

Unread post by 3ICE »

Your map was rejected from Hive for immature behavior. Am I reading this right?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

onixnoob

Yep very right ;) .if you wanna learn why my map is rejected and i am banned for 1 year you can read
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps ... 1-a-85269/.
Well any way i find your site when i was searching in google for way to protect my maps from deprotecting and find your 2 years old blog. I was having nice time reading it BtW

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That thread is so full of win. I read all 11 pages and enjoyed the e-drama.

By the way what is your relation with "[cZz]AttractedToFuck"?
ImageImage

onixnoob

AttractedToFuck is my name in the Garena and [cZz] is my clan (Creatures of the Zoo). AttractedToFuck is also mentioned in the map as my Garena name. But any way the guys in hive drive me nuts all of those comments and the admins stay and watch the show (or are too dumb/stupid to do anything). But this is what is happening when they put 14 years old emo boys for admins.

Siraraz

Unread post by Siraraz »

I played this once with some randoms, and had no idea what to do. You caused my eyes a lot of pain, having to put up with the terrain, even if it resembles a body or not, the fog, and the water were X_X. Playing in window mode made that even worse for me.

Anyways, I don't particularly like mass control maps/games, I'm more on the control a single unit genres :3
Last edited by Siraraz on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Controlling more units takes more skill. :P
ImageImage

Siraraz

Unread post by Siraraz »

Then skill I lack 8-)

onixnoob

No one have ever complaining about the fog :o . But the game is simple as long as you obey the rule "kill or be killed". And money for upgrading units is better than making new units send them to die and after 20 minutes they are still weak and can't do anything against the enemy

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

That red sick- or lava-like fog is indeed bad, but my mind automatically ignored it after 5 minutes of gameplay.
There is also a great deal of lag on lower-end computers. Especially when the heart's defender towers shoot at a capped army of multiplying bacteria. (I play on a 5 years old PC at max resolution and everything on the highest setting possible though. It might be wise to lower those settings before complaining about lag.)
ImageImage