The Great Seige - help needed

You can submit your maps here. Both finished and unfinished submissions are welcome.
Forum rules
Finished maps:
• Submitting your own map(s):
One map per topic please! (Or we will have a hard time finding out which comment is for which map)
You can leave your Username@Realm so people can contact you in game. (eg.: 3ICE@USEast, 3ICE@Northrend)
Write a description and don't forget to post some screenshots. (Images and videos are worth a thousand words)
• Submitting a map not made by you:
Do not claim it as yours. We'll find it out (sooner or later) anyway.
Ask the maker to submit it himself is possible.
Or at least let the maker know that his map has a topic here, so he can benefit from your comments and bug reports. (Or request the thread be deleted for whatever reason*.)

Unfinished maps:
You are welcome to post your unfinished maps here and ask for help.
We will look at the map and tell you whats wrong with it or how to continue editing it.

Projects:
Important/cool maps and big projects will have their own forum category inside. (Like the 3ICE's Maze Designer category)
slowrider

The Great Seige - help needed

Unread post by slowrider »

Hello fellow mapmakers, I have recently decided to get back into map-making as a hobby but I found out that the map I was working on for 8 months got deleted somehow and I am left with the protected version. The map is a detailed castle defense with over 20 playable characters, hundreds of custom models and a save/load code. I heard that this site was good for requesting help and I wanted to know if anyone could assist me in de-protecting the map. It was protected with optimizer I believe so if anyone is up for the task let me know! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also I will include you in the credits for the map :)

Link: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/125668/

3ICE
Admin
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE

Re: The Great Seige - help needed

Unread post by 3ICE »

Your name (slowrider) is not in the map. I will need some sort of proof of ownership before I deprotect anything.

p.s.: Is the misspelled map name intentional? It is siege not seige.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

slowrider

Hey, I thank you for your your willingness to help me, I am dondonda but I hope this is enough proof for you to de-protect the map for me. Here is the old thread for the map on TheHelper and I edited it and put slowrider as an alias. As for the spelling, English is a second language for me so spelling errors are still being edited (but it is sad that I misspelled the title... :? )

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthr ... reat+seige
thanks, slowrider(dondonda)

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Good enough. 8-)

The bad news is, I can't recover triggers that were protected by the Optimizer. (Because it would take months of work!)

However I can get all your models, abilities, tooltips, terrain, doodads, items, etc back, to get you started on the project again, if you want. However, you would have to retrigger everything. (Which sucks.)
ImageImage

slowrider

That sounds great man!! Don't worry about the trigger since I was to redo them in Jass anyways! Ok let me know when you are finished and I can get the map from you. Also any critiquing is helpful If you want.
Thanks

3ICE
Admin

Unread post by 3ICE »

Grab NewGen and familiarize yourself with it. The regular world editor probably can't open deprotected maps reliably.
You can even copy over everything to a new, empty map if you want. I usually do it just to purge the extra bits still floating around in there after deprotection.

I found 406 imported files total.
Of which 352 files were successfully recovered.
56 files were not fully recoverable, because their name is missing. (The data is all there.) I named them 3ICE_#id#.ext, where #id# is their position on the list of files and ext is their extension. They are in the "Unknowns" folder. You'll have to try and see if you can remember their names, otherwise you will end up with broken links in models and some missing textures. (I'm sure one of them is called ArcaneSanctum.mdx, because of an error message I saw when opening the map. Not sure which of the 56 files it is though.)
Another one of those unknown files was actually an archive (named 3ICE_319.rar) for some reason. Why did you import a rar file? WC3 can't work with that.

All the preplaced units were lost, but you don't need to recreate them, simply execute lines 763-1128 in the trigger I named jass.
All your regions were lost. Use the jass trigger again (lines 4606-4797). It even recreates your custom weather effects.
The starting locations were lost too, I placed all 12 at the zero coordinates. (0,0)
Forces were lost as well.

EDIT: I just added strings.txt to the zip, in case you want some of your strings back. Took a while to collect them all...
EDIT2: When I said NewGen I meant the "JASS NewGen Pack". Clarification was necessary, because Googling NewGen alone does not yield the correct first result.
Attachments
TGS Deprotected by 3ICE.zip
(3.74 MiB) Downloaded 765 times
ImageImage