2 tutorials

Do you need World Editor help? Ask here!
Forum rules
Before making a new topic:
First, check if your question has already been answered in the Tutorials section.
If you didn't find a solution, use the search function.
If searching didn't help either, you can make a new topic.

Topic title & content:
You must use a descriptive title. (Help plz is not good) (Need help with Dialog buttons is good)
Go into much detail when posting. You should post attachments. Like screenshots of the problem, the map you are making, replays of the error. Or you could even make a screencast (video) of your problem and upload it here.

Spelling:
Grammar seems to be a serious problem amongst teenagers, so use a spell checker or you will get no love.
Read your posts twice, before pressing the reply button.
And do not use profanity. Chatspeak (y r u nub) and Leetspeak (1 C4N S33 H4X) are not welcome here either.

Only World Editor related questions are allowed here!
(Click for Battle.net help) (Click for World Editor help)
Squall
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:16 am

2 tutorials

Unread post by Squall »

I need help whit 2 tutorial for world editor ROC, please. First how to increase the maximum number of spells that a hero have(if it is possible).
Second how to create a Summoner skill. please help me ;)

Ian
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 pm
Realm: US East
Account: Sesamia
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Minnesota

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by Ian »

You cannot create more than 5 real hero abilities for a hero to learn.

You can edit existing abilities by editing the .SLK files. A forum isn't a great place to discuss how this is done, and there are already several tutorials that show you how to do this.

For full ability editing, you would need to have TFT.
In TFT you could also make a system that allows your hero to learn many spells.

Edit: Noticed you had RoC, not TFT =(.
ʎɐqə ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ı əɯıʇ ʇsɐl əɥʇ sı sıɥʇ


-Currently semi-inactive

User avatar
3ICE
Admin
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by 3ICE »

It is possible to use the TFT editor and all its features to make a RoC map. I saw someone posting a tutorial on converting w3x to w3m a couple months ago (right when I was going to write my own. What a nice time saver, that guy :D).

TFT can be downloaded from http://www.3ice.hu/blog/download-warcraft/ for free. But of course it is not legal at all :D

There is no reason to limit yourself to RoC only. (I made all my maps are RoC-compatible though, because I'm a nice guy.)

EDIT: You could also create a summoner skill by simply changing the model/damage/skills/etc of water elementals/spirit wolves/skeletons/treants/whatever to your liking. But to edit the spell's tooltip you still need TFT or some messing around with SLK files (which are way above your skill level I think).
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:57 am
Realm: US East
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

3ICE wrote:It is possible to use the TFT editor and all its features to make a RoC map. I saw someone posting a tutorial on converting w3x to w3m a couple months ago (right when I was going to write my own. What a nice time saver, that guy :D).

TFT can be downloaded from http://www.3ice.hu/blog/download-warcraft/ for free. But of course it is not legal at all :D

There is no reason to limit yourself to RoC only. (I made all my maps are RoC-compatible though, because I'm a nice guy.)

EDIT: You could also create a summoner skill by simply changing the model/damage/skills/etc of water elementals/spirit wolves/skeletons/treants/whatever to your liking. But to edit the spell's tooltip you still need TFT or some messing around with SLK files (which are way above your skill level I think).
#1 i hate torrent dls for many reasons. 1 they are illeagle(dont really give a fuck nobody does) 2 most of the torrent dls have viruses witch is not cool. if i didnt have so many firewalls and protection programs i would have no computer because of viruses.

#2 torrent downloading (when made by 1 person(potential threat)) has the ability to add cookies witch track your computer data as well as open up/show your weak spots in security system.

im not saying that ALL torrent downloads are bad. just the majority of them that i have ever tried to dl (hundreds) if you can find one that works than good for you but make sure you scan things befor you open them to make sure you can stop all cookie/trojans befor getting into your computer.
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!
Image

User avatar
3ICE
Admin
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by 3ICE »

shinning_faith wrote:most of the torrent dls have viruses
NONE of the torrents I download have any viruses in them. Even the keygens are safe aside from a little call-home module that tries to collect some statistics. I always allow it to run, so I can express my thanks to the author.
You gotta use trusted sources. Ignore torrents that have been reported fake on isohunt/thepiratebay or that are too good to be true.
shinning_faith wrote:if i didnt have so many firewalls and protection programs i would have no computer because of viruses
You are afraid of computer viruses because you know so little about them. I bet you have Antivirus XP and MS Antivirus. Those are viruses by the way, acting as antivirus software.
I use a cracked NOD32 and have no fear of viruses. And if anything ever infects me I know how to get rid of it.
shinning_faith wrote:cookies witch track your computer data as well as open up/show your weak spots in security system
Yeah, right... Cookies are just innocent text files that store data from websites, like your preferences and login information. Don't believe all the crap you read.
shinning_faith wrote:make sure you scan things befor you open them to make sure you can stop all cookie/trojans befor getting into your computer.
There is no need to manually scan stuff. Every file you you click on is automatically scanned by your antivirus software before you are allowed to open it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:57 am
Realm: US East
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

3ICE wrote:
shinning_faith wrote:most of the torrent dls have viruses
NONE of the torrents I download have any viruses in them. Even the keygens are safe aside from a little call-home module that tries to collect some statistics. I always allow it to run, so I can express my thanks to the author.
You gotta use trusted sources. Ignore torrents that have been reported fake on isohunt/thepiratebay or that are too good to be true.
shinning_faith wrote:if i didnt have so many firewalls and protection programs i would have no computer because of viruses
You are afraid of computer viruses because you know so little about them. I bet you have Antivirus XP and MS Antivirus. Those are viruses by the way, acting as antivirus software.
I use a cracked NOD32 and have no fear of viruses. And if anything ever infects me I know how to get rid of it.
shinning_faith wrote:cookies witch track your computer data as well as open up/show your weak spots in security system
Yeah, right... Cookies are just innocent text files that store data from websites, like your preferences and login information. Don't believe all the crap you read.
shinning_faith wrote:make sure you scan things befor you open them to make sure you can stop all cookie/trojans befor getting into your computer.
There is no need to manually scan stuff. Every file you you click on is automatically scanned by your antivirus software before you are allowed to open it.
i do agree with half the things your saying 8-) but cookies and trojan infections are very real, and btw i use internet program recommended to me by a 60 year old computer designer/coder who has his own website to improve computers
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!
Image

User avatar
3ICE
Admin
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by 3ICE »

shinning_faith wrote:internet program
Does it have a name? I hope its not Internet Explorer...
shinning_faith wrote:60 year old computer designer/coder
I don't trust old people. They are out of the zone, not up-to-date on new technologies anymore.
shinning_faith wrote:has his own website
So do I! Anyone can make a website and copy/paste text from other websites to fill it with stuff. (plagarism)
Only real websites count, like mine. With original content.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:57 am
Realm: US East
Account: SHiNNiNG_FaiTH
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by SHiNNiNG_FaiTH »

on half of that i agree the only diffrence is he makes his income off of knowing things about computers, the people who make computers for people like you and i should know alot about the design and i know for a fact he knows his shit =D

google chrome all the way
APM Spamming mineral fields is fun!
Image

User avatar
3ICE
Admin
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm
Realm: Europe
Account: 3ICE
Clan: 3ICE
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: 2 tutorials

Unread post by 3ICE »

shinning_faith wrote:make computers for people like you
No! I make my pocket money customizing and speeding up computers. I don't like buying already-made computers, I prefer to put the parts together. Costs less money that way. And I get more bang for the buck.

EDIT: Google Chrome for the win!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests